Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Worms In Mac & Cheese Box - Pic Included

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

Against my better judgement, I purchased a box of Pepperidge Farm Mac & Cheese, Butter Parmesan variety, from the Walmart in Hiram, GA on Tuesday, November 5th, 2013. The box had little brown worms in it. I called Pepperidge Farm and I should be receiving a bag in 7-10 days to ship the product back to them in. I'm not sure how long it'll take to get to their offices or when they'll begin testing it, but if the whole lot is infected and the product ends up being recalled, it won't take place in the next few weeks anyway. I hate the thought of someone's children unknowingly consuming bug parts, so if you could take a second and share this, that'd be great. Sell date on the box is 05/16/2014. Lot# under the date is PG09P1363. Number under bar code on bottom of box is 0 14100 04247 1

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Yucky! You need to contact Walmart too and they should pull them off the shelves and check a few boxes.
DragonInfinity
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Were they worms or maggots?
Saharra
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM
That is gross :(
Momma2013
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I mean, I understand it's gross and just really disturbs you when you are ready to make your kids a meal, but we eat animals all the time. And I think the average human eats about 8 spiders a year. It's good protein! :) I'm not saying knowingly eat this, because obviously they have a problem with their product, but even peanut butter has mouse poop, but it's regulated to only be a small amount.

I work with the food industry, you don't want to know some of the stories I've heard.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Right? Gross indeed but really not going to kill anyone.

Quoting Momma2013:

I mean, I understand it's gross and just really disturbs you when you are ready to make your kids a meal, but we eat animals all the time. And I think the average human eats about 8 spiders a year. It's good protein! :) I'm not saying knowingly eat this, because obviously they have a problem with their product, but even peanut butter has mouse poop, but it's regulated to only be a small amount.

I work with the food industry, you don't want to know some of the stories I've heard.

Momma2013
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:33 PM

:) I for sure wouldn't go and make the box still, but I wouldn't freak out over it either.  can of worms

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting Momma2013:

TheMessThatsMe
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I called Walmart before Pepperidge Farm. The lady I spoke with said she'd be sure to relay the info. We'll see what happens...

Quoting katiebug840204:

Yucky! You need to contact Walmart too and they should pull them off the shelves and check a few boxes.

TheMessThatsMe
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM

They were small and light brown with dark brown stripes. It almost looked like some had shed skins... there were some skins with no apparent worm inside. ??

Quoting DragonInfinity:

Were they worms or maggots?

mommy2boys03
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like gypsy moths.  They get into boxes especially products made of flour and grains.  It would not be the company's fault just something that happens.

TheMessThatsMe
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not freaking out. Just trying to spread the word. If someone else found something like this, I'd want to know. That's all :)
Quoting Momma2013:

:) I for sure wouldn't go and make the box still, but I wouldn't freak out over it either.  can of worms

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting Momma2013:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN