Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am looking to help a single mother to be...

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

To introduce myself - I am new as of yesterday:  I live in Colorado, and have a 19 month old son as a first time Mom in my 40's. An acquaintance was asking for help for a single mom, having a baby boy in 5 weeks and doesn't have really anything yet. Turns out that the single mom is her daughter and has spent most of the past year homeless. Grandma is currently unemployed and can't be very much help right now.

I was so blessed with all the baby stuff needed to make a new mom feel secure. I just can't imagine what it would be like to have nothing this close to the due date,  and no one to really help out.  I feel like I am called to help. My daycare is going to allow me to post a notice for donations, and asking for friends help that I handed down some of our newborn - 9 month to.

I may not have much, but I think I can help her as much as I can. Power of one and all that! I feel like there is a lot of assistance out there for single moms. If anyone has any ideas or advice, I would love to hear from you! If you live in Southern Colorado and would like to help, let me know!

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BMAI
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

tell her to sign up for WIC! it will be at all health departments. 

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Welcome! That's really a nice thing that you're doing to help her out :)
AllyB_
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:24 AM

She'll need diapers more than anything!

AllyB_
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:24 AM

in all sizes!

funhappymom
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:47 AM

What a great thing you are doing. You might even want to refer her to this site. There is a single moms group that would be able to give her some support as she starts going through her journey. You might even find it helpful to visit it, to find out how you can help her better, too.

SweetMell0
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Thanks Moms, I haven't even met this young lady yet. I am hoping she has been to our local pregnancy center for help too, they will give all kinds of diaper help, etc. I am sure she has been referred all over the place. I just figure that there are so many other things us Moms already have in our homes that we are not using anymore - those baby stages go by so quickly. I was grateful for a few things that I received from my church's nursery donations overflow! I think I got a jumper and a high chair

AromaDrops33
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:26 PM
I live in southern Colorado! What does she need? I have a crib and some other things
cookiecounter
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM
So are you asking us for donations?

Quoting SweetMell0:

Thanks Moms, I haven't even met this young lady yet. I am hoping she has been to our local pregnancy center for help too, they will give all kinds of diaper help, etc. I am sure she has been referred all over the place. I just figure that there are so many other things us Moms already have in our homes that we are not using anymore - those baby stages go by so quickly. I was grateful for a few things that I received from my church's nursery donations overflow! I think I got a jumper and a high chair

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN