Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Baby stays up all night

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 8 Replies
She's up from 8pm to 2am. Any suggestions?
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Fatheia
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:26 PM
How old is your baby?
Fatimasmommi
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Try adjusting nap times and try a bed time routine. For example my LO (7months) takes a 10 am nap for 1 hour another around 12 for an hour and a 3 o'clock for an hour. Some times i give her a 30 min nap if shes fussy around 5 but i always wake her up after half hour. Then 6 she eats dinner(solids i hold off on the bottle) 645 bath time,bottle, and bed
SweetStuff68
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM
What time does baby wake, take naps, go to slp. Has to go to bed same time every night. Even if baby doesn't fall slp every night same time, get baby in bed same time at least. And with naps too try. I understand it's difficult same time and if baby seems tired earlier than usual, u give baby nap then, don't wait but other days try n hav a consistent nap time. The time b/t their last nap and bedtime should be at least 4 hrs.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:01 AM
My son did this too and it was awful! How old is she? Welcome to the group =) I hope this changes for you soon
funhappymom
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Oh no. Being up that late really stinks. How old is your little one? Do you have a bedtime routine? I find if I bathe my children at night, read them stories and snuggle with them, they tend to fall asleep around 8. I also try not to let them nap past 5, otherwise they stay up later.

IslandMom242
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:53 AM
She is going to be 1 month tomorrow. And ive heard a bedtime routine you dont start until they are 4 months, is that accurate information?
Fatimasmommi
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
In my opinion you can start a bedtime routine from day one. Try to keep the bath time consistent. I use bed time bath from johnson and johnson, I feel like it relaxes my little girl. I use the wash, i give her alittle massage with the lotion and powder her up.
onethentwins
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Are you being sure to teach baby the difference between night and day? When baby wakes up, even if you feed her, keep the lights off, no singing to her or talking to her. Just do what you have to do and then put her to bed. 

Also 8pm might be too early for her. When my twins were infants and toddlers their natural rhythm was to sleep 9:30 to 9:30. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN