Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is this too personal ??? Sorry if it is. But I need an answer.

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:27 PM
  • 31 Replies
I just had my second son he's officially 2 months old today 11-6-13, And well I havent started my period yet, with my second son It was like a month after I was back in the routine of having it and already started birth control. But this time around its different. May I add I have sex but used protection, I'm kinda freaking out.. && I am stressed is that a factor too !? Idk :( help. What do you suggest or is this in the normal stage still of not having it !? && I'm not breast feeding. He's on formula.

:0 help.
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chiderah
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. Right after a new baby, your body has to go switch over to not having cycles to having cycles again. If you're really worried, wait a couple of weeks to see what happens and if you're still not on, take a pregnancy test to eliminate that worry. If all else fails, go see your OBGYN. Hope this helps.
Savvysmomma118
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Are you breast feeding? It can mess with the presence of your period.
Amberlynn2010
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:45 PM
No I'm not he's on formula. He wouldn't cooperate with breast feeding.

Quoting Savvysmomma118:

Amberlynn2010
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Thanks! I hope I'm not :0 woah that would be crazy.

Quoting Chiderah:

I wouldn't worry too much. Right after a new baby, your body has to go switch over to not having cycles to having cycles again. If you're really worried, wait a couple of weeks to see what happens and if you're still not on, take a pregnancy test to eliminate that worry. If all else fails, go see your OBGYN. Hope this helps.

Savvysmomma118
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:47 PM
I didn't have a normal period until my dd was about 3 months. I was breast feeding though. Have you had your 6 week check up yet? This might be a good thing to ask at that time, or if you have put in a call to the dr. Good luck to you!

Quoting Amberlynn2010:

Quoting Savvysmomma118:

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
It's probably still within normal time frame to be out of whack still. Welcome to the group by the way! I'd just talk to your Dr and test in case
Night_Roane
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I got my period at around 2months after birth with each, and a "mini period" after having sex the first time after giving birth. I wouldn't really worry until 3 months go by. I've never heard of anyone getting pregnant less than a month after giving birth. The earliest I've heard of was 2months (& you would already have to be pregnant to have missed your period for that reason).
Amberlynn2010
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:52 PM
My 6 weeks was back in oct. My LO is 2 months today. And I should have added the fact I had sex before my 6 weeks check up BUT it was 7 weeks after he was born it happend. Because my check up got pushed back a week ( dr called and had to re schduel it )

Quoting Savvysmomma118:

I didn't have a normal period until my dd was about 3 months. I was breast feeding though. Have you had your 6 week check up yet? This might be a good thing to ask at that time, or if you have put in a call to the dr. Good luck to you!

Quoting Amberlynn2010:

Quoting Savvysmomma118:

Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Are you taken birth control? I know with my first I did the depo. I didn't get my period till 2 months later and then it wasn't very heavy and only lasted a couple of days. It took 3months longer for them to get back to normal. I also didn't go back for my next depo shot because of weight gain.
Amberlynn2010
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I hope I'm out of whack an not pregnant. Jeeez. I feel like an idiot ha. And thanks btw :)

Quoting jconney80:

It's probably still within normal time frame to be out of whack still. Welcome to the group by the way! I'd just talk to your Dr and test in case

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN