Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

bonding issue

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hello i was wondering if someone could give me a few ideas on how to bond with my daughter. I have 2yr old boy and had no issues bonding with him. Since i had my little girl i have not been able to really bond and i feel so guilty.
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Hi welcome to the group! How old is she? That might give me a better idea of what to suggest =)
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I agree.  Age plays a factor.  For all ages of children, reading to them helps create a bond as well as talking with them even as an infant.  Children are sponges and all they need usually besides physical things is emotional love and attention.

CASAHM209
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:30 AM
I had instant love for both my babies but bonding was a different story. It took a few weeks with the 1st mostly due to post-partum depression but once that was worked out we developed a strong bond. With my second I felt that the more I loved him the less love I would have for my 1st, like emotional cheating. He also had some health problems early on and I may have been scared to attach too strongly. It took about 8 months to slowly bond as his personality developed. I've learned that you don't need to split your love 50/50, you just love each of them 100%!
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:57 AM

it took me about 2 months to feel truly bonded with my second daughter after she was born.  Its more of a hormonal issue after birth and things getting back to normal.  It will happen, its just all new since you arent used to handling a little girl versus a little boy.

carolina_gal
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:44 AM

How old is your daughter?

Quoting jessicas2528:

Hello i was wondering if someone could give me a few ideas on how to bond with my daughter. I have 2yr old boy and had no issues bonding with him. Since i had my little girl i have not been able to really bond and i feel so guilty.

jessicas2528
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM
She is 10 weeks. I am just not sure what is going on. I love her, but i just don't feel bonded. Like casahm209 said i feel like i am cheating on my son the 2yr old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)