Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can anyone out there relate?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 22 Replies
6 moms liked this
I have a bond with woman I've never met, simply because they have a child trailing beside them. In passing we lock eyes and exchange smiles acknowledging the commonality that comes with motherhood. Becoming a mother, can only be understood by other mothers who have endured sleepless nights while learning the how to's of the hardest job on the planet. Many nights have been spent pacing around rooms bouncing the baby in one hand and rummaging through babycenter forums in the other, desperately seeking answers to the countless questions that correlate with child care. Most weren't useful but all were encouraging when realizing there are many with struggles, triumphs, and moments of cluelessness - I'm not alone.

My baby boy graced me with his presence July 9, 2013. A great gift from God that has filled my life with an abundance of love and joy. However, contrary to popular belief having a baby is not all kicks-and-giggles. Tensions arise as we are pushed beyond our limits. Somewhere between the highs and lows, weaknesses cower as God gives us strength through our children to carry on. Times when I've felt like I can't do this, he gives me courage. Occasions when I want to go into a closet and cry, he gives me comfort.

Hats off to the woman experiencing their own versions of motherhood. Although we may be journeying along different paths and seeing different sites, our webs are weaved with similarities. To the single mother trying to make ends meet, the married momma who has to care for both husband and child, the parent of an opinionated teen, and the mom of an infant that's completely dependent on her for their every need: I commend you all.
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amd17
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
You have my eyes filled with tears, not of sadness but of encouragement, and perseverance. Thanks
baby.jackson
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Stay strong mama! No matter what you go through, remember it is only a season. If you ever feel like you've hit rock bottom, realize it can only get better. "You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you" =)

Quoting amd17:

You have my eyes filled with tears, not of sadness but of encouragement, and perseverance. Thanks

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:26 PM

That was a really nice message, thank you.  What is your little boy's name?

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I can definetely relate! Welcome to the group and thanks for the words of encouragement. I have 3 very high needs kiddos and it hasn't been easy for a long time but each step of the way they they surprise me and give me hugs and kisses makes it all worth it :) How old is your little one?

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Thanks for sharing. Did you write this? It's really good.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

baby.jackson
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM
His name is Nehemiah. How many children do you have? Names and ages? Do you want more babies or are have you taped out? =)

Quoting amonkeymom:

baby.jackson
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:59 PM
My little man will be four months old in a couple days. 3 high needs kids?!? You are amazing!!! I'm looking forward to getting some hugs and kisses instead of just smothering him with them 24/7 lol. But the smiles will do for now =)

Quoting jconney80:

I can definetely relate! Welcome to the group and thanks for the words of encouragement. I have 3 very high needs kiddos and it hasn't been easy for a long time but each step of the way they they surprise me and give me hugs and kisses makes it all worth it :) How old is your little one?

baby.jackson
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I did! Glad you enjoyed it! I love to write! Since having my little baby, the lack of time has limited me to school papers only.

Quoting LancesMom:

Thanks for sharing. Did you write this? It's really good.

marcusandrew75
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I AGREE.IM A SINGLE PARENT TO TWO BOYS AT TIMES IT GETS OVERWHELMING.BUT THEY BRING SO MUCH JOY TO MY LIFE.
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM

That's a great name, I love it!

I have three kids, but I don't like to share their names online.  I won't be having any more, it's much too hard on my body (4 pregnancies, 1 of which was ectopic, and 3 c-sections have messed me up enough) and besides, I feel like my family is complete now.

How about you?  Do you plan on having more little ones?

Quoting baby.jackson:

His name is Nehemiah. How many children do you have? Names and ages? Do you want more babies or are have you taped out? =)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN