Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Lady at my OB's

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:28 PM
  • 19 Replies
5 moms liked this

I had a OB appointment yesterday and while I was waiting I spoke to a lady who was in her 34th wk and after a few mins she went back for her Appointment, As I was sitting there the doctor came out and asked another nurse to come in the room... a few minutes later she came out and asked another nurse to come back because they couldn't find the heart beat with the doppler, after couple mins that nurse came out and called the Ultrasound tech... during that time the nurses and doctor continued to try like hell to find the heart beat, 8-10 mins go by and the US tech rushes in and they start an ultra sound, The whole time I am praying like I have never prayed before, 5 mins later everyone files out of the US room Minus the doctor the Tech and the lady... My heart sinks, 2 minutes later the doctor comes out with a smile and I very nearly JUMPED with Joy!!!! Apparently the baby was facing the wrong way in laying in such a way that his little heart beat wasn't reaching with the doppler... A few minutes later she comes out looking pale but happy and Heaven help me I couldn't help but jump up and hug her!! We hugged for a minute and I asked was everything ok and she just smiled and said perfect!!! She left and a while later I was called back and as soon as I heard My LO's heart beat I broke into tears because I cannot imagine that 20 mins or more of pure terror she must have felt.... The nurse helped me calm down and assured me as well as she could that my and her LO's are perfectly fine!!!!

I just wanted to share that!!!

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

How wonderful baby was okay.  My babies were always VERY hard to find with doppler and EFM. 

arilove21
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I would be terrified if I was her ! so glad everything was ok though
indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Yeah My DS wasn't easy to find but Talley seems to be super easy! My guess is that this was abnormal considering how they freaked out!

Quoting kcangel63:

How wonderful baby was okay.  My babies were always VERY hard to find with doppler and EFM. 

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM

What a horrible scare.  It just makes you appreciate what you (general you) take for granted some days.

Quoting indianamom1985:

Yeah My DS wasn't easy to find but Talley seems to be super easy! My guess is that this was abnormal considering how they freaked out!

Quoting kcangel63:

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Oh I remember that feeling... When I was 14 weeks with my second I had a major blood clot... When I went to the hospital they could not find the baby's heart beat. I had to wait until the next morning for the ultrasound ... Longest night of my life, but the ultrasound showed a healthy baby. It was such a relief. 7 years later he is a healthy happy 6 year old.... So glad everything is ok for that lady and her little one
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM
That's so scary. They always had a hard time getting my sons heartbeat. After awhile it became routine though.
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Amazing!!

I've been where that lady was. Scariest moment of my life!! But I had went to the ER because I was 14 weeks and passing clots...I thought I lost him.

mybabesrmyworld
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I have had two 2nd trimester losses where both times it was a routine heartbeat check and they couldn't find one.  It is absolutely devastating so I am so happy for this woman to not have to go through that type of pain.

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM
How scary! I think all pregnant women have this fear of going in and not hearing the heartbeat. I'd probably have walked out the door and puked after all that stress.
indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I know that I hold my breath every time I get my doppler done and I was nearly in a panic just hearing what was going on with her... I cannot imagine what she was going threw!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)