Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

teacher crossing lines....

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM
  • 27 Replies

I am having issues with my childs 3rd graee teacher. She seemed nice enough but My son had said people say the year prior that she was mean. I keep hearing stories of things going on in the classroom, and am not sure what to think. They are allowed to have water bottles at their desk, but can only spend 3 seconds at the drinking fountain, when one kid was filling up his water bottle she got mad and said he was taking too long and DUMPED IT OUT! so he had nothing. My son missed a day of school, for some other reasons besides illness. We missed 3 days for a trip we had to take so he has missed 4 days all together. She called me and said " I am just calling to make sure he is not really really sick, if he misses to many days it's like he wasn't even here the whole year" I felt like I was giving excuses, it was really none of her business, and my kid only misses like 2 days a year. The limit is 15 days. He is also in the gifted and talented program and is shipped to another school all together on tuesdays. Not like he is falling behind. But I just don't feel like I should have to give her a reason why my child missed that day of school, it's non of her business and I am not a child and shouldn't have to feel like I have to make up excuses! Then I guess yesterday my son said that when a few kids are talkative she takes the class money from the whole class, makes them ALL Pay up as punishment. I went in today to see when next week she wanted me to do art day, I am the art mom, and she said they can't do it, they are way too busy. { I thihnk they lost art day for whatever reason} her homework is like college level questions that us as parents with degree's have to google to find out what it even means {this is 3rd grade!}  I guess yesterday a girl was wearing some make-up and the teacher got mad at her telling that is not what we do. {in front of the rest of the class too!} IT's not the kdis fault, it's the parents and none of her business if the 3rd grader is wearing makeup etc. you know? any thoughts? I just don't feel like she uses love and logic in how she does things :(  we won't even talk about how she is on the verge of taking away the whole classes involvement in the christmas program this year because a few kids are acting up. GRRRRRRRRRR

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
You should go to to administration about everything. Sounds like she doesn't need to teach.
Perfect_Misfit
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM
You're gonna have to go to the principal or whomever is over her and have them set her straight after reporting what all is going on.
Luv_my_hubby
by Nikki on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Document everything and go to the principal.
Disneymom18
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Wow I can't believe she dumped the poor kids water. I would def report this!! Do not be intimidated! I would be livid if someone especially a teacher was treating my child this way.
JulietAngel89
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:37 AM
1 mom liked this

turn that witch in

SissyAnn141
" CLEANING MY COMPUTER" Call if you need me......
Yesterday at 2:25 AM
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:42 AM

Quoting Perfect_Misfit:

You're gonna have to go to the principal or whomever is over her and have them set her straight after reporting what all is going on.

Were you given a HAND BOOK, or a PAPER, of CLASS RULES ?

If so, are these rules listed ?

If not , I would speak with her- PRIVATELY.

Then, if it continues or if she takes this out on your child......

I would go to the Principle, "AND RAISE HELL"!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect_Misfit
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:08 AM
It's my understanding of the post the teacher constantly makes mom make excuses or acts as if her shit don't stink and she's better than mom the last 2-3 times they've spoken privately. It's time to go over the teacher and go straight to the principal and let her know how Ms thang is conducting her class.

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting Perfect_Misfit:

Were you given a HAND BOOK, or a PAPER, of CLASS RULES ?

If so, are these rules listed ?

If not , I would speak with her- PRIVATELY.

Then, if it continues or if she takes this out on your child......

I would go to the Principle, "AND RAISE HELL"!!!!!!!!!!!

auroraulfsson
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:14 PM

ok hold on here... everyone is saying report the teacher... um what if this class is a bad class. My oldest was in a class one time where I seen in action many times the whole class acting up. I know its not right to take one students actions out on a whole class but maybe theres more then one. I had plenty of teachers take PRIVLIEGES  from the whole class when we started to act up. . One the water bottle thing.. um when I was in school we didnt have the privliege to even drink in class besides class partys. Once you bring in drinks you have problems with spills and bathroom breaks. Think about this... the teacher in question has to micro manage 14 or more kids every day for 6 hours. Then add in the Parents trying to micro mange the teacher. Thats like a ganitor comming in and tryin to tell a OBGYN how to birth a baby.  The homework issues well if they dont get homework parents yell.... Then if they get homework they yell.. Teaching is not just love and logic, there is also guidence , learning responsibility, problem sloving,working with others..

Homealonex2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I personally don't care if most of the class is acting out it's not my child so why should he get punished. When I'm at work and my coworker makes a mistake I don't get into trouble to. It makes me do mad that my child misses part of his recess because parents not teach their child to pay attention to the adult. As far as the water thing kids in school don't get to drink what a doctor would consider what they need. 3 seconds after a 30 min work out at recess doesn't cut it!!! Micro manage is not what we parents are trying to do. Having our children respected for their needs is not asking a lot.

Quoting auroraulfsson:

ok hold on here... everyone is saying report the teacher... um what if this class is a bad class. My oldest was in a class one time where I seen in action many times the whole class acting up. I know its not right to take one students actions out on a whole class but maybe theres more then one. I had plenty of teachers take PRIVLIEGES  from the whole class when we started to act up. . One the water bottle thing.. um when I was in school we didnt have the privliege to even drink in class besides class partys. Once you bring in drinks you have problems with spills and bathroom breaks. Think about this... the teacher in question has to micro manage 14 or more kids every day for 6 hours. Then add in the Parents trying to micro mange the teacher. Thats like a ganitor comming in and tryin to tell a OBGYN how to birth a baby.  The homework issues well if they dont get homework parents yell.... Then if they get homework they yell.. Teaching is not just love and logic, there is also guidence , learning responsibility, problem sloving,working with others..

m.n.418
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:42 AM
She makes the class pay up? You said "class money" is that a special currency to get treats fir good behavior or is she really taking money from the kids?....cause I'm sure that's illegal O_o
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)