Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

cps related question - update on page 2

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:25 PM
  • 18 Replies
Please forgive any blatant word mistakes/changes, I am using a cellphone with autocorrect who enjoys making me look like a moron lol.

today I was left a card on my gate from cps, after finally getting in contact with them I asked what the allegations were. they told me and I almost burst out laughing the allegation was so ridiculous. after speaking with them and setting up an appointment for the case worker to visit I called a sibling, as only one person came to mind who would have made such a claim and I figured my sibling could ask. according to what my sibling was told by this party cps contacted this third party twice, a week ago, before ever initiating contact with me.

I am curious if cps does this routinely, contact a third party, and also tell the third party who made the call against me?
or is it more a case of the third party made the call themselves and lied to cover their own backside.

a little background, the third party in question is my deceased mothers ex husband. whom BTW I will not allow to see my son, I had a restraining order on this person for 2 years before moving out of the city they were in by a 100 miles.

is this a normal thing, breach of privacy, or a case of my mothers ex lying yet again?
I am in Maricopa county Arizona BTW in case regulations change by state or county.

thank you

update on page two...they visited, the case worker even said the allegations were ridiculous.
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleJ1000
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know the answer but the third party business seems fishy. Hope you get your answer.
Hippie.Gypsy
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Thanks Michelle... hopefully someone knows. I forgot to ask who made the allegation which I do plan on asking as soon as possible.
caligirl7613
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
well i had allagations made on me which cps found false (dealing with them was still a bitch though) however i did ask who called them and they said they couldnt tell me.....fine i kinda expected that..what i didnt expect was for them to go to most of my neighbors (lived in an apartment complex) and ask their opinion of what type of person i was, did i seem to have alot of ppl in and out, did it seem like i was a drug addict, when they saw my kids were they clean etc. talk about embarassing. espcially when i had totally cooperated with them in EVERY way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hippie.Gypsy
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Bump...
someone's gotta have some idea. please, I would just like a general idea as I do not have a computer. my phone only seems to show so much and cuts a lot of websites in half.
Hippie.Gypsy
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Thanks call. this isn't drug related or anything as such. its just so out there, I'm also in an apartment complex and know most of the tenants in my section, so I don't think they'd have a problem talking to cps.and yes I can picture this being a pain in the bum already, considering an attorney but don't wanna go there yet.

sorry you responder while I was it seems :) thanks again fir your reply.
anoncalypse
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:55 PM

uh..... im a little more simole minded.... not quite understanding the question.....  so someone made an allegations and cps contacted someone else not invoved to see if it is true?

Hippie.Gypsy
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM
They contacted this third party to see if we were related supposedly. then proceeded to supposedly tell the third party who made the call against me.

Quoting anoncalypse:

uh..... im a little more simole minded.... not quite understanding the question.....  so someone made an allegations and cps contacted someone else not invoved to see if it is true?

anoncalypse
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM
2 moms liked this

wow i dont htink they can do that, its suppose to be confidential

Quoting Hippie.Gypsy:

They contacted this third party to see if we were related supposedly. then proceeded to supposedly tell the third party who made the call against me.

Quoting anoncalypse:

Hippie.Gypsy
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Thanks. that is what I thought too, therefore if that is the case, I believe my initial instinct was right. the third party made the call and lied to my sibling when my brother asked him if he called.

Quoting anoncalypse:

Quoting Hippie.Gypsy:

Quoting anoncalypse:

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
This is what I thought also.

Quoting anoncalypse:

Quoting Hippie.Gypsy:

Quoting anoncalypse:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)