Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Wine

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • 120 Replies
My doctor told me it was fine to have a small glass of wine every now and again also said it was fine during pregnancy. Which I did not do!
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
julainepw
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM
11 moms liked this
Before water treatment was invented it was very common for either beer or another form of alcohol to be consumed rather than plain water. Alcohol was also added to water as a disinfectant and consumed that way. Having an occasionally drink is fine although I chose not to while pregnant. They say NO alcohol now because they need to cover their ass. Most drs don't want to be sued because they said it was OK.
mlg1989
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this
In reality one glass of wine once in a while wont really do anything to the fetus. Its not like you are having it everyday.
I didnt drink while pregnant either but I know it wouldnt have done anything from one glass if I decided too. Its not hard liquor or anything.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the above.  One glass of wine, once in a while, is ok.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM
3 moms liked this

I didn't drink wine either. When I found out I was pregnant I stopped drinking all together, and rarely drink now! =)

Reina13
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I love wine, but I didn't drink at all when I was pregnant.

littlepinkrose
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

My Dr. said  no to drinking.  I told her about a friend of mine who drank wine with dinner and her Dr. said fine  just to keep it down to a glass.  My Dr. said that there are no studies done to show how much or how little alcohol to have during pregnancy.  Some moms drink the whole time allot and there kids have no problems some mothers drank very little and have a baby who has FAS.  She said in her opinion any alcohol is unsafe and abstinence is the best choice.  I agree!

minutolimama311
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:25 PM
I had a glass on my birthday, and a glass on me and my hubby's anniversary. I wasn't comfortable having more then a glass at those times it just didn't feel right but i've heard a glass here and there won't hurt so I didn't see a problem with one.
jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Hi welcome to the group! I don't drink often and I didn't drink during pregnancy.

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont drink at all

readyforhim
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM

i wish i was smarter about wines, sometimes there are some wonderful ones

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)