Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ovarian cyst or pregnant?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM
  • 19 Replies

Ok, so I'm over a wk late. Was due to get my period Oct 31. Still nothing. Other than no period I've been feeling sick, really tired, dizzy, some headaches, pain off and on in my breasts, constantly peeing, little cramps in my abdomen, heightened sense of smell, mood swings, and I had a very small brownish red discharge last night. Thought my period was finally coming on but nothing and no signs of it showing up.

I have 2 children but it's been 5 yrs since the last time I was pregnant. This all feels familiar but I keep thinking that it's something else such as an ovarian cyst. I was technically diagnosed or semi diagnosed with pcos earlier this yr. However, I conceived my youngest son over 5 yrs ago while sufferring from it. I have never had a cyst and the only reason I was diagnosed with pcos is due to 2 hormones being just a little off which is due to my being overweight. I have never been able to lose all the weight I gained during my first pregnancy. I was told if I lose the weight my cycle would return to normal.

I am not currently on birth control as it has given me pregnancy symptoms in the past and I couldn't handle it. My body has been clean of birth control for about 7 months now. My symptoms started around the time of my missed period and have just increased. I have been the most regular with my periods this yr and have recently lost about 10 lbs. It has been most regular for the past 5 months and the only thing I've done is lose a little weight. I missed Aug but that was it April-Sept. Any of the other times I've missed a period, I just carry on like normal. No issues like what I've been having.

There is the chance the I could be pregnant. Almost a month ago a condom broke and wasn't noticed right away.

I now have a dr appointment Tue but am really starting to freak.

Opinions? Pregnancy or cyst?

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Have you taken a pee test?  

antoinettegts
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Not yet. I do have a dr appointment on Tue though. Figured why waste money on a home test when I need to go to the dr regardless. Does is sound like I should?

Quoting ScrChk23:

Break.Out
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Take a test. 

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I would.  The tests at the dollar store are reliable.  I used one with my son.  It wouldn't hurt to pee on the stick.  It may help ease your worries from now until Tuesday.

Quoting antoinettegts:

Not yet. I do have a dr appointment on Tue though. Figured why waste money on a home test when I need to go to the dr regardless. Does is sound like I should?

Quoting ScrChk23:

3boysngirl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I would pee on a stick like now lol
antoinettegts
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I think I may take one tomorrow. It would help to ease my wry if the test comes out neg. Was hoping that I would be told that it sounds more like a cyst than pregnancy and that would have eased my worries. lol

Quoting ScrChk23:

I would.  The tests at the dollar store are reliable.  I used one with my son.  It wouldn't hurt to pee on the stick.  It may help ease your worries from now until Tuesday.

Quoting antoinettegts:

Quoting ScrChk23:

Bonnie2HisCLYDE
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Quoting 3boysngirl:

I would pee on a stick like now lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:13 AM

probably not what you want to hear but I didn't have a cycle basically at all for seven years...but I had 3 kids in those same seven years

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I'd go ahead and take a home test before going to the doctor. I would have tested before now, but I'm impatient....lol.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I have not experienced a cyst so I am unable to give personal experience.  I thought a cyst was mostly pain on one side.  I could be wrong though.

Quoting antoinettegts:

I think I may take one tomorrow. It would help to ease my wry if the test comes out neg. Was hoping that I would be told that it sounds more like a cyst than pregnancy and that would have eased my worries. lol

Quoting ScrChk23:

Quoting antoinettegts:

Quoting ScrChk23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)