Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Christmas xbox question

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 14 Replies

My ds is already hinting he wants an xbox for Christmas as he loves the game Minecraft. I figure that I better do my homework as Im discovering that there are several different varieties of xbox consoles to choose from. We will most likely be using the xbox for netflix streaming too. Does anyone have any insight to which ones they personally like?confused

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd has the Xbox 360.

We don't stream Netflix or use Xbox live

We use the wii for Netflix!!
AJsMom81507
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

bump bc i want to know as well

poshkat
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
We have the 360. We bought one when they first came out and it just died last year. We bought another 360. If you want to stream netflix off xbox you'll need an xbox live account.

Then new xbox 1 is coming out too but I wouldn't buy that. The 360 is the best one.
gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Quoting poshkat:

We have the 360. We bought one when they first came out and it just died last year. We bought another 360. If you want to stream netflix off xbox you'll need an xbox live account.

Then new xbox 1 is coming out too but I wouldn't buy that. The 360 is the best o

Do they charge for the xbox live account or just charge if you buy a game off the account?

poshkat
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting gsmom9:

Quoting poshkat:We have the 360. We bought one when they first came out and it just died last year. We bought another 360. If you want to stream netflix off xbox you'll need an xbox live account. Then new xbox 1 is coming out too but I wouldn't buy that. The 360 is the best o

Do they charge for the xbox live account or just charge if you buy a game off the account?

they charge you. You can get a month's membership is 19.99 (I think), than a 6 month one and a yearly one. I don't know those prices. You can go to gamestop and find out more. They sell used/refurbished electronics too, just make sure they work before you buy them.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
When my husband got his the silver membership was free but you had to pay for the upgrade to gold ... Not sure if that is still true or not

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting gsmom9:

Quoting poshkat:We have the 360. We bought one when they first came out and it just died last year. We bought another 360. If you want to stream netflix off xbox you'll need an xbox live account. Then new xbox 1 is coming out too but I wouldn't buy that. The 360 is the best o

they charge you. You can get a month's membership is 19.99 (I think), than a 6 month one and a yearly one. I don't know those prices. You can go to gamestop and find out more. They sell used/refurbished electronics too, just make sure they work before you buy them.

mom2gmp2
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
We pay $9.99/month for xbox live. It's cheaper if you pay yearly, though. Also, where I live you can buy a preowned xbox 360 from Gamestop for $129.

Quoting ditsyjo:

When my husband got his the silver membership was free but you had to pay for the upgrade to gold ... Not sure if that is still true or not

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting gsmom9:

poshkat
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
We got one month free and than paid for three months. Once we bought the wii we started streaming netflix of that so we stopped paying for xbox live.

I know with the xbox 1 they were supposed to make it so you had to have xbox live to just play play games but I don't think they're doing that because it wouldn't sell as well.

Quoting ditsyjo:

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting gsmom9:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:18 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I just know a new one is coming out next week ;)

gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:06 AM

I love Gamestop

Quoting mom2gmp2:

We pay $9.99/month for xbox live. It's cheaper if you pay yearly, though. Also, where I live you can buy a preowned xbox 360 from Gamestop for $129.

Quoting ditsyjo:

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting gsmom9:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)