Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

need help with my 8 yr old

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:32 AM
  • 5 Replies
Ok let me give some background... i was married to my oldest daughters father for 5 years.. he started getting abusive to me, my daughter and my son... well i finally left him and we recently got divorced... my oldedt daughter doesnt see her dad... well every since My 8 year old has been dealing me a fit... she has a really bad attitude..well me n my fiancee now have now known each other for 7-8 years... well we r now engaged n living together... we can tell her to do something and she always gives us attitude... my fiancee doesnt have any kids but has known my daughter since she was a baby... we r not sure what else to do with my daughter we have tried takung her things, making her sit in her room with nothing... we have taken everything away from her... we have stood her in the corner.. but yet everytime i turn around she is always wanting me... i spend time with all my kids... but she always hollers i want my mom when she is in trouble... she acts like she cant do anything with out me right there all the time... and then most of the time she crys over every little thing... i dont know what else to do with this little girl... i hsvr tried telling her, sitting her down and telling her that she doesnt have to cry about every little thing... can someone please help me.. the last couple days my fiancee has been getting stressed cause we are not sure how to go about getting her to stop with the crying n to stop with the attitude... can someone please help???
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Amybelle
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:33 AM

oh geeze =-/

diaperstodating
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Bump
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I would suggest family counseling so you can get the root of the crying.  The attitude seems to be consistent with other 8 yr olds i know.  She is wanting control of situations when it does not seem important to us as adults.  Given what happened with ex there could be all sorts of things going on in her mind.

MistyDelong
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok thanks (: i will try that...

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would suggest family counseling so you can get the root of the crying.  The attitude seems to be consistent with other 8 yr olds i know.  She is wanting control of situations when it does not seem important to us as adults.  Given what happened with ex there could be all sorts of things going on in her mind.

myprettypoly
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Ask to talk to her school social worker.
I've been working with one this year and he's been a great "third party" to get advice and exchange triumphs/frustrations ask questions etc.
If this hasn't effected her schooling it will soon so the sooner you involve the social worker the better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN