Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How to get WORK done with toddler,

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 6 Replies

mom out there i need a lesson in TIME MANAGEMENT, i have to working from home for a about a month now, i have a wonderful sweet Little girl which just turned 2 in September. I'm needing help with how to mange my time plus give her the attention she needs through out the day 

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cutenessmom
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I made my son a  babyproof  Baby gated !  stuff  with foam bottom  Gates would enclosed the baby  with toys and such. 

Charlie557
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been working from home since my daughter was a year old, she's 4 now. It's tough isn't it? When my daughter was 2, I have to say that was the toughest time keeping a schedule. I started waking up long before she did, getting about an hour or two of work in. Then I'd work during her nap and after she went to bed. It does get easier as they get older. They become more aware of time and take instruction better. 

Reina13
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:11 PM

What I did was the night before, after they went to sleep, I would do prep work for the next day. The first week of doing this I was so tired because it was like I was doing extra work.

Once I got into the groove of doing the prep work for the next day, the knight before, it made my life so much easier. I could take a few minutes to play with my child and interact with them. I didn't feel so rushed or overwhelmed. It made for a happier mom and happier little ones. 

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I think this is very good advice! It can be difficult to keep a schedule or routine with a 2 year old but maybe if you write out a schedule to try to stick to each day it would help you out. Then if things don't go as planned you can use nap or bedtime to get extra work done. Have you tried anything like that yet? 

Quoting Charlie557:

I've been working from home since my daughter was a year old, she's 4 now. It's tough isn't it? When my daughter was 2, I have to say that was the toughest time keeping a schedule. I started waking up long before she did, getting about an hour or two of work in. Then I'd work during her nap and after she went to bed. It does get easier as they get older. They become more aware of time and take instruction better. 

jewelryaroma
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Yeah i have tried that, we also have a 11 month old puppy whcih all he wants to do is play, so when my daughter naps then i have to play with him, I have a HUGE craft show coming up, since i just started my business i want to look as professional as i can. we have a morning routine for the most part, i can get some work done. (30 minutes) then right after lunch i can get some more done. once my hubby gets home then it is FAMILY TIME, which is very important to both of us

jomami
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Can you hire a babysitter?  That would probably be the best solution so your little one will still get lots of attention and you won't be interrupted all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN