Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you get groceries with or without your kids?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:35 AM
  • 101 Replies

I have a 2yo and I'm a single mom so I really haven't much choice other than to take her with me to shop, but she's pretty well behaved so it's not really an issue for me. My sister, however, has a husband who works from home 5hrs a day, 4 days a week and yet she takes all 4 kids, kicking and screaming, to the store with her to get groceries. Why? Because she can't leave the kids with her husband, says he's not a good babysitter? Uh, he's their DAD, not a sitter.

Anyway, do you usually buy groceries with your kids in tow? If so, how do you make it easier for yourself?

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2gmp2
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I don't grocery shop. I'm a SAHM and could, but my husband likes to do it, so I let him.
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I only take my kids if I have to. I usually go when they are at school.
Piskie
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Online and delivered thank gods.
gofast_mama
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I usually go when my sons in school because I have a strict list with coupons and ingredient lists that have to be read. About once a week though I take my son to our farmers market and let him pick out fresh stuff. It's a great learning experience and he loves it.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Nope, I do my shopping while they are all at school. When they were younger, yes I took them with me..
NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM

my kids are teens and I leave them home most of the time.  I get sick of begging for treats.  

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:27 AM

We go shopping as a family.

alliweben
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:33 AM

My husband does the grocery shopping.   The girls (12 and 8) like going with him when they can, but they usually have other activities.   

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM

It depends.  We often go on the weekends together, but our grocery store has a play place, that the kids love.  Otherwise o go when the kids are in school.

myangels2
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I always at least have one with me. When my other two are not in school, then I have all three. Not a big deal for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)