Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Elf on a shelf..pictures...edit my house is all done

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 33 Replies

Anyone do the elf on the shelf with their kids? We do but we don't use it as the books.my kids have the plush dolls that they love to play with and our elfs like to do still things to them we don't use to to make them be good.but anyways this year our elfs are going to show up thanksgiving morning in a elf house I am doing in our basementThe start of my houseThe Christmas lights And when I'm done with this side it's going to be little gifts with each elfs name.on the other side I have windows (still have to cut out) and a snowman I have to finish and the front if the house on each side of the door is going to be a big candy cane.and on the inside it's going to look like a little living room I will out a little tree on the wall and set up ths furniture inside with the elfs and then thanksgiving morning hubby is going to stick it outside at the front door before the kids wake up !

share your pictures of what you have done if you want and any ideas you have for this year

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
evolove
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Never heard of it
Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this

The Elf on the Shelf® is a special scout elf sent from the North Pole to help Santa Claus manage his naughty and nice lists. When a family adopts an elf and gives it a name, the elf receives its Christmas magic and can fly to the North Pole each night to tell Santa Claus about all of the day's adventures. Each morning, the elf returns to its family and perches in a different place to watch the fun. Children love to wake up and race around the house looking for their elf each morning.

There are two simple rules that every child knows when it comes to having an elf. First, an elf cannot be touched; Christmas magic is very fragile and if an elf is touched it may lose that magic and be unable to fly back to the North Pole. Second, an elf cannot speak or move while anyone in the house is awake! An elf's job is to watch and listen.

Elves typically appear in their families’ homes at the beginning of the holiday season (around Thanksgiving in the U.S.). On Christmas Eve, the elves return to the North Pole with Santa Claus--until next year!

Quoting evolove:

Never heard of it

Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM

BUMP!

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:04 PM

That is cute!

Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Thanks it's getting there thankfully we had a box left from when we moved into our house

Quoting IncognitoOne:

That is cute!

evolove
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Adorable!

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

The Elf on the Shelf® is a special scout elf sent from the North Pole to help Santa Claus manage his naughty and nice lists. When a family adopts an elf and gives it a name, the elf receives its Christmas magic and can fly to the North Pole each night to tell Santa Claus about all of the day's adventures. Each morning, the elf returns to its family and perches in a different place to watch the fun. Children love to wake up and race around the house looking for their elf each morning.

There are two simple rules that every child knows when it comes to having an elf. First, an elf cannot be touched; Christmas magic is very fragile and if an elf is touched it may lose that magic and be unable to fly back to the North Pole. Second, an elf cannot speak or move while anyone in the house is awake! An elf's job is to watch and listen.

Elves typically appear in their families’ homes at the beginning of the holiday season (around Thanksgiving in the U.S.). On Christmas Eve, the elves return to the North Pole with Santa Claus--until next year!

Quoting evolove:

Never heard of it

Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM

They are so much fun my kids love them

Quoting evolove:

Adorable!

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

Quoting evolove:

Never heard of it

ittyprincess604
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Super Cute idea! I want to do it but but sure DS will really be into it.
elm498
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM

VERY cute and creative!!!!

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Cute idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN