Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How would you punish a 15 year old boy?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

A friend of mine's 15 yr old son was given ISS last week for "disrupting class and exessive talking."  I guess he's been told before that he and this other girl need to cut back on visiting and paying more attention in class.

He finally got ISS, and mom is kind of stuck in the middle.  This is her step child and dad doesn't think its that big of a deal.  His grades are great, all A's but 1 B I believe and dad says that teachers sometimes make a bigger deal of things.

Mom still wants to discipline him in some way, but dad says that since he does have good grades and it's his first "offense" they should let this one go. 

He is normally a really good kid, never gets in trouble other than occasional sibling fights and argument.

Would you punish yours for this, if so how?

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the feedback....she's liking the advice!  One thing she wanted me to add was that there are siblings in the house and he is the oldest....if he doesn't get disciplined for this, but a younger sibling is being punished for lying once to a teacher about having candy in his backpack, or not cleaning their room, is it fair to the others?

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Hmm tough call.  Perhaps have him write an essay on how distrupting a class has a negative impact on those who struggle on the subject matter.

weakestchimp
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM
i think the father's okay with it then ok
othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Hmm tough call.  Perhaps have him write an essay on how distrupting a class has a negative impact on those who struggle on the subject matter.

This is what I would do

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I probably wouldn't punish for this but would just have a talk with my son.

DoloresMariana
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I would give him more of a warning I mean he's young girls are on his mind maybe talk to him and remind him what Is important
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I would not punish him.  I'd just tell him not to do it again and give him a little lecture.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN