Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why exercise?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why exercise to those cheesy movies that cost a fortune when you have tons of yard work to do? lol

I think the fall is the best time to get outside and bust your butt on the yard! Unless you live in an area where you don't have a yard to maintain, of course.

I have an 1-1/2 acres of land that needed a lot of attention. Today was the perfect day to do it. It's sunny, I'm off work, and it's 60 degrees. I picked up the tree limbs that fell during those awful storms that rolled through on Halloween. Then started raking the yard. I also put together my dog's dog house that she somehow pulled apart and added some shingles to it to try to weather-proof it a little for her. I layed down some hay in her area of the yard. Wheew! I'm exhausted. I'm taking a breather from it and will finish raking the yard shortly. I think tonight my boyfriend will do the house work. muahaha! Oh! I also have been walking to and from my new job that is mile up the road from where I live. I hope all of this helps me in the long run. =)

What do you do for a work out?

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Sounds like fun! How is your job going?

I like to do Zumba and bootcamp at the gym. I
CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:24 PM

It's a good job, with mostly good people. I don't get along with a lead person, but I'm content. I've heard a lot about Zumba and would like to try it! I'm just tired all the time.

Quoting emtgirl885:

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Good to hear that you like your job. You should totally try it!

Quoting CrystalYaris:

It's a good job, with mostly good people. I don't get along with a lead person, but I'm content. I've heard a lot about Zumba and would like to try it! I'm just tired all the time.

Quoting emtgirl885:

jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:08 AM

You're so right! Yardwork is awesome exercise! I loved how warm it was today. But of course now it's snowing and really cold! It was 60 here as well. Good for you for getting some exercise :)

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:28 AM

It's supposed to snow here as well. I'm in TN. Where about are you?

Quoting jconney80:

You're so right! Yardwork is awesome exercise! I loved how warm it was today. But of course now it's snowing and really cold! It was 60 here as well. Good for you for getting some exercise :)

jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I know you share the same crazy weather I have here! I have a friend in TN lol. I'm in Ohio. 

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting jconney80:

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:38 AM

So not too far! I'm not sure that I'm ready for snow. I know some states had it a month ago. It's insane! Lol

Quoting jconney80:

I know you share the same crazy weather I have here! I have a friend in TN lol. I'm in Ohio. 

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting jconney80:

heavenV
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:39 AM
I actually just did zumba from youtube. :) I love it!
CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I checked some out on YouTube earlier. I asked my bf if he'd join me. His answer, "no. I think I'll wait this one out. I might break a hip or something"

Quoting heavenV:

I actually just did zumba from youtube. :) I love it!

jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I am not ready for it either! We had a little bit of snow awhile back but nothing big at all. It was really weird though because it was before Halloween!

Quoting CrystalYaris:

So not too far! I'm not sure that I'm ready for snow. I know some states had it a month ago. It's insane! Lol

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting jconney80:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)