Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you have picky kids?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 84 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you have picky kids? Do you cook more than one meal every night or do you make something that everyone will eat? Or do you just make everyone eat what you cook and don't worry about whether they like it or not?

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I have very picky kids and on top of that they all have different food allergies. So we only cook one meal and try to make something they will eat but they have to at least *try* the foods they don't like. Even if they just put it in their mouths and don't eat it it still counts. Well, that goes for my younger two kids. My oldest has to eat her veggies no matter what. 

Mwasham
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Yes! My 2 1/2 yr is so picky. Unless it is grilled cheese, Mac & cheese, or pizza he won't eat it. As you can see he loves cheese. He will eat fruit but veggies are tough. I would love to know some ideas to get him to eat veggies. Even if it is hiding it in the food :)
diablita375
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:22 PM

lesbiansyes i have picky kid i cook for everyone  & sometimes & cook for him

jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest daughter was like this! For a long time it was a real struggle. I totally hide veggies in fruit smoothies! lol I chop up kale or spinach and blend it in. And I add avocado. They never know the difference!

Quoting Mwasham:

Yes! My 2 1/2 yr is so picky. Unless it is grilled cheese, Mac & cheese, or pizza he won't eat it. As you can see he loves cheese. He will eat fruit but veggies are tough. I would love to know some ideas to get him to eat veggies. Even if it is hiding it in the food :)

tardiskitty
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope, DD knows that she eats what I cook or goes to bed hungry. She's never opted to go to bed hungry.
hobnobs
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:34 PM
My oldest would eat nothing but chocolate if I let him, but otherwise no :)
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My son used to be super picky, at two he was diagnosed with an eating disorder because if you tried to get him to eat something he didn't want to, he would vomit as soon as it hit his mouth.

However, he is now 5.5 and he eats a lot because I have worked really hard with him. He now tries everything before saying he doesn't like something and most things he likes. It is amazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I understand! What kinds of things does he like to eat?

Quoting diablita375:

lesbiansyes i have picky kid i cook for everyone  & sometimes & cook for him

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. My kid will eat just about everything i put in front of her besides zucchini and cucumbers
momof2891
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:51 PM
My kids would vegetarians if let them. They love fresh fruits and veggies. They will eat chicken, pork chops, and meatloaf or anything made with ground beef. My dh would pizza for every meal if I let him. Ds can't have any kind of nuts so that is tricky. I guess I am lucky that they eat the way they do. Lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)