Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You can't wear that! You're a MOM!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:42 AM
  • 81 Replies

Poll

Question: Is it ok for Moms to wear bikinis?

Options:

yes

no

Other - please explain!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 179

View Results

A friend of mine completely went off at the complex pool about this mom who was laying out at the other end wearing a bikini.

I don't think it's a big deal, especially since that mom was totally pulling it off, but what do you think?

Should moms as a rule avoid bikinis and stick to more modest swimwear?

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HippiPotPi419
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:44 AM
11 moms liked this

Anyone who has a problem with how someone is dressed is either jealous or a whiney bitch. That's how I see it. I have NO problem with sexy ladies in bikinis:)

jomami
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Do you think there's any age when a woman should stop wearing a bikini and cover up more? 

What if they're not 'sexy' in a bikini - is it ok then?

I'm kind of torn on this - sometimes it doesn't seem right.

Quoting HippiPotPi419:

Anyone who has a problem with how someone is dressed is either jealous or a whiney bitch. That's how I see it. I have NO problem with sexy ladies in bikinis:)

HippiPotPi419
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:57 AM
5 moms liked this

I think people have the right to do whatver makes them feel good, as long as it;s not hurting someone else. If you don't like looking at something, or reading something, don't look. It's just a hard concept for a lot of people to grasp. Especially on here.

And if all the unattractive, disgusting people stopped wearing clothes that are too small, then what the fuck is gonna happen to peopleofwalmart.com? That would be a real buzzkill.

Quoting jomami:

Do you think there's any age when a woman should stop wearing a bikini and cover up more? 

Quoting HippiPotPi419:

jomami
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah - I'm all for live and let live but sometimes, even the people of walmart need to cover up! lol

We can all try not to look, but it's not until after we know what not to look at that we can stop looking.  By that time, the image may be hard to forget.

Quoting HippiPotPi419:

I think people have the right to do whatver makes them feel good, as long as it;s not hurting someone else. If you don't like looking at something, or reading something, don't look. It's just a hard concept for a lot of people to grasp. Especially on here.

And if all the unattractive, disgusting people stopped wearing clothes that are too small, then what the fuck is gonna happen to peopleofwalmart.com? That would be a real buzzkill.

Quoting jomami:

Quoting HippiPotPi419:

luvbugs3
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think anyone should wear bikini's, but I deal with it.  I don't care that much about what people wear. 

lilbit53009
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM

i wear one and won't stop until i no longer have the body for it...i don't see why it's a problem

13purpleshades
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM

If she has the body for one then she should show it off. but if she doesn't then no.

DallasCowboys81
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM

If they have the body and can flaunt it, I say show it. Why should it matter because we are moms? I see no prob with it.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I say "Other."  There are times when a bikini might not be appropriate.  Like a child's poolside birthday party.  A Mom should be realistic about her body and avoid ill-fitting swimwear.  Like me, I'm super busty.  I can't wear bikinis because I can't find tops that adequately cover my bust.

But overall, if she has the confidence, it is fitted properly and covers what needs covered, it's up to her what to wear.

jennyloray
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I said other because I think it depends on the bikini and the person wearing it. Do I think it's apropriate for a mom to be at the pool with the kids in thong string bikini, no. But a regular bikini, sure. Now, that being said, if you don't have the body for it, do the world and yourself a favor and just don't do it, ever. KWIM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)