Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are there any big carnivals or festivals in your area?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:51 PM
  • 9 Replies

We have one in Dothan, the National Peanut Festival, which has a fairground with lots of rides and carnival games as well as stages for concerts, an area for rodeo and demolition derby stuff, and indoor areas for vendors, arts and crafts contests, and beauty pageants to find the next Miss and Little Miss National Peanut Festival.

The festival was even featured on the All American Food Festivals show years ago.

Do you have any annual carnivals, fairs, fall festivals, etc. in your area?

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TotallyTweedles
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Thr State Fair of Louisiana was just here. First time I've tried fried cookie dough. They also had fried butter and fried gummy bears but I kinda like my arteries functioning.
jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:11 PM

That is a really big festival!!! It looks like a lot of fun! Have you gone to it yet? We have a ton of smaller festivals in my city that are spread out throughout the year.

MariannLws
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Texas Renaissance Festival

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Kellie87
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:22 AM
State Fair here in MS was in October
Mother.May.I.
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:30 AM

We have Riverbend close by. It is a 7 day music festival. 

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Not at this time of year...too cold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticatgal
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Minnesota state fair is huge! That runs 10 days and ends on labor day. The renaissance festival is also big, that runs until October. Each city has some festival in the summer also. Most everything is quiet though from October/November to April for the cold and snow. St Paul does have a winter carnival though.
jmart18255
by Jessica on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:34 AM

at the end of every september we have the Bloomsburg fair. it last for a week and you can go everyday and still not see everything, there are farm animal exhibits,rides,games,food food and more food, big name concerts, demo derby,horse shows,crafts,clothing,jewelry, food, candy,atv's,hot tubs,did i mention food?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)