Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Looking for help?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am looking for help with Christmas this year. Does anyone know of any agencies besides the Salvation Army, and local churches in the Spring valley, IL area. I have tried everything I could think of and have found nothing. I want to give my baby girl a Merry Christmas. She has so many health issues, 12 doctors and is poked and proded all the time, yet still finds the strength and corage to smile! If anyone knows of anything I can try please let me know.

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Have you looked into Toys for Tots in your area? They are pretty much everywhere!

Night_Roane
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Idk but here's a bump
tucanfran1
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Yea they don't do that in this area. And Salvation Army said they don't serve this county, but according to their website it is?

tucanfran1
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Yea thanks I needed that lol.

ChewyBrownies
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Christmas isn't about the gifts. It's about family and celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ(if you believe in him)... you don't need gifts for a merry Christmas
tucanfran1
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Well I agree with you 100 percent on that, but at the same time as a mother I want her to have things, She desrves it. God gave me a gift in her so why  shouldn't I be able to give her a gift?

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:54 AM

I'm not in the area, I hope someone can help you find the information you need.

tucanfran1
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Thanks I hope so too
lashata
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I know what u mean I live in Texas and most of the place that help with Christmas have alrad done there signup for the year. But when it comes up to Jesus even he got gife from the kings and the wismen. And Jesus did give us a gife in our kids
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Have you tried your school district? Our schools collect for area families who need help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN