Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New mom- getting out

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 13 Replies

Hi :) I am new to the group. I have a 4 month old baby girl that I stay at home with. We are trying to get out every day & join groups for her to interact with other babies and just to be out & about.  Does anyone else get stressed trying to be to an activity at a specific time? I want to roll with things and have her experience things but when the activities are at set times I get all confused if it falls right at nap time or if she goes down later and is fussy at the time we should be leaving the house. Any advice is appreciated ;) 

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I have theat problem.  I will tell you something my mom told me; Just enjoy the baby.  If you make it to things, fine.  If not, fine.  It matters more to you (right now) than it does to your daughter.  At four months, most of the outing is for you.  I have been there.  It's gets better.  

Nice to have you in the group!

angiejones256
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:37 AM
What state r u in?
Emmamay4444
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Aww, thank you! I think I feel some sort of guilt like I need to expose her to things & it should be easier for me to do then I make it ;) I feel so blessed to stay at home with her but don't want her to not be used to other kids & people. My mom says the same- plenty of time & just to do things when it works. 

Emmamay4444
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Florida :)

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Welcome and I agree with this advice!

Quoting ScrChk23:

I have theat problem.  I will tell you something my mom told me; Just enjoy the baby.  If you make it to things, fine.  If not, fine.  It matters more to you (right now) than it does to your daughter.  At four months, most of the outing is for you.  I have been there.  It's gets better.  

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I agree with this :)

Quoting ScrChk23:

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Very good advice. I agree at this moment you just have to go with the flow and enjoy your baby and not get stressed out. There will be plenty of time for that when the teen years hit, lol.

Welcome to the group and enjoy your baby.

Quoting ScrChk23:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:49 PM

At this age activities are not super important so no use stressing yourself out.  Our favorite infant thing was to go to park and library.

Emmamay4444
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Thank you for everyone's feedback!!

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:57 PM
This is great advice!

Quoting ScrChk23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN