Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you ever yell at your kids?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 34 Replies

My kids are getting on my nerves more and more lately and I know the colder weather and lack of stimulation is to blame but I found myself yelling at them yesterday and I feel just awful about it. I did apologize to them and everything but I still feel like a jerk.

Do you ever yell at your kids? If so, do you apologize to them?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I do on occasion, sometimes I apologize, especially if I did it because it made me feel better or if I was just boiling by that point. Other times, I leave them be. Especially when its something dangerous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LandyBreigh
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't had to yell at my BFs daughter, only firmly correct when she was doing something that may harm her.  But, we are all human and things, people, etc. get on our nerves.  And sometimes it comes out at the ones we love. 

Depending on their ages, maybe take them out for ice cream and explain that grown ups get irritated and frustrated and you don't mean to yell, but it happens sometimes.  Talk to them about things that their classmates/friends, may do that make them frustrated and ways to help get through it. 

LAXmom21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:05 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes I have and no I don't always apologize.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM
7 moms liked this
There are people who never yell at their kids? Ha! I'm not one of them...and I don't apologize, she apologizes to me for doing whatever it was that caused me to yell.

Geez, people are so afraid of their kids now. Back in my day...lol
TatyBear
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Yes I do.

When I notice I'm yelling at my kids its usually cause I'm going to be starting my period. I will apologize to them at times. Cause on my period I lose my cool in 2 seconds and it usually has nothing to do with them at all.

My medication switch.last month had me on the verge of only yelling. Side affects went away after a few days.
NeonGirl9583
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I do after a few warnings.
aiden032809
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes Iv yelled. We have our bad days for sure but we move on ...
lweaver35260
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids are only three and two weeks old. So yelling would just make them cry. My three year old responds quicker and more calmly to a firm speech then yelling. Yes I have yelled at her but it just ends with her crying and not getting the message. However if my kids were older and deserved it then yes I would yell.
crazymomma87
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Yep
jennkrzyz
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I don't have kids yet, but I'm a nanny. I'm getting ready to start my period and every little thing they do has me wanting to yell. I just sent them out of the room cause I was afraid I would lose my cool a little too much.

Quoting TatyBear:

Yes I do.

When I notice I'm yelling at my kids its usually cause I'm going to be starting my period. I will apologize to them at times. Cause on my period I lose my cool in 2 seconds and it usually has nothing to do with them at all.

My medication switch.last month had me on the verge of only yelling. Side affects went away after a few days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)