Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 7 Replies

If so, what are they?  How did they get started?

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Not really. Things have changed so much over the years. This year, Thanksgiving dinner is the day after because my mom is on call (she works in the hospital OR) and my brother's wife has to work.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Lickdob.  It is mustard and mayo mixed together.  I am not sure when it started, but it is delicious!

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

We really don't have as many Thanksgiving traditions as we do Christmas ones! I host it at my house every year and I cook everything from scratch. Hubby helps out and share the work. We really enjoy it and we always try to make a new interesting recipe every year! 

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I assume you use it to garnish your turkey?

Quoting ScrChk23:

Lickdob.  It is mustard and mayo mixed together.  I am not sure when it started, but it is delicious!

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM

What is this year's recipe?

Quoting jconney80:

We really don't have as many Thanksgiving traditions as we do Christmas ones! I host it at my house every year and I cook everything from scratch. Hubby helps out and share the work. We really enjoy it and we always try to make a new interesting recipe every year! 

TheFirstNoel
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Yes, we do. We don't like to spend Christmas at my DH's house, so we go over there on Thanksgiving. Every morning I wake up my daughter and we watch the parade together and we drink homemade apple cider (my in-laws make it.) We then watch the "Slapsgiving" epsisode of How I Met Your Mother. We wake up my DH, get ready to go, and head over to my in-laws. It's food and footbal after that. 

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:13 PM

all of my dad's family that can get together at my cousin's house...it usually ends up being between 50 and 100 people. it is a blast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)