Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

hurt and confused

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm a 23 year old single mom. I broke up with my son's dad in September. He had a new girlfriend by the end of that week.My only income is social security. My son turns two next month. He is chronically ill. My son's dad wants me to move next month and he doesn't care if i have no where to go or not. Im having a hard time getting over him, He's screwed me over and hurt me but at end of the day he says he still wants too be friends. Idk What to do. Part of me still loves him and the other part of me hates him,do I agree to stay friends or....?
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:11 AM

close friends probably not... keep things civil for your son's sake definately

MomOf3AngelBabe
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:46 AM
2 moms liked this

No..not until your heart has healed a great deal more than where you are now.

Keep it civil for your son, dont make visitations a problem, dont use accusatory tones or words in the mean time. When YOU feel like you can see/talk to him without feeling like hiding under a rock, then MAYBE revisit being friends. It might take a while but it will happen. 

GL hun! ;) Hugs.

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I think only you can decide what to do, but I can tell you that because you have a child together with this man, you need to remain civil with him for the sake of your child.

Good luck.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Do you feel comfortable being friends?  If nothing else, maybe just for the sake of your little one you can stay on good terms.  

kbpegasus
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:53 PM

First of all, you need to think of your son's and your needs!  Do you have family that you could stay with temporarily until you can find another place to live?  You need to go to Social Services and apply for Medicaid, Child Support and Food Stamps.  They will help you with that.  Also they should be able to give you a list of Section 8 apartment complexes. (Assisted housing (HUD). You need help.  Get it fory your sake and your son.  The guy needs to support his son.  You don't have to be friends with him.  I don't really know why you would want to.  You should be civil to him for your son's sake, and he should have a relationship with him.

Pinkishlovely
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:00 PM

This has got to be hard for you, I am so sorry. Don't give in, be civil but you need to heal. It will be ok. Do you have anyone who might help you get on your feet? He is being inconsiderate but most men are lol. GL sweety@

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)