Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What else can I do?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:36 AM
  • 5 Replies
My 10month old baby caught a virus going around called croup. She doesn't cough as bad than she does during the night. I feel horrible everyone I hear her cough. I know we can't give any type of cough medicine, but it just really bums me out knowing that her doctor had said, can't do anything but just be there and sooth her.
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
whovianmum
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Ugh it sucks when they're that little and sick :( And the squeaky breathing can be so scary if you don't know what it is at first!Only upside is that it doesn't last too long,I hope she's feeling better soon.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Aww, poor little one.  Croup is always scary for mom than it is for the baby.

Try steaming up your bathroom by turning on the shower as hot as it'll go, close the door and let your little girl breath the steam.  It should help.

terpmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Chilly night air can help the cough too.

Reina13
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Oh I hated that when mine were babies. That harsh coughing sound would equally freak me out and break my heart because I just had to let them ride it out and try to soothe them as best as I could.

Hang in there mama. I hope she gets better soon.

VirgoMom07
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM
My DS had it twice and both times we wound up in the ER and he had to get steroids. It was awful. Do you have a cool mist humidifier? It helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)