Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has anyone started their shopping yet?

thankfully I am almost done my kids are only getting 3 things each this year.we just bought our first house a few months ago so money has been a little tight for us.

our dd6 got

a new laptop ( we need a computer here for her for school)

a 2nd generation kindle fire hd.i got an awesome deal last night on amazon I got 15$ off the kindle plus a 15$ gift card that I'm going to put in her stocking

and she will get an iPod shuffle 

ds4 got

a train table

2nd generation kindle fire dh.I also got an awesome deal in his when I ordered it from amazon I for a 25$ credit for movies so he can buy or rent a movie to watch in it

and he will get the American girl bitty twins

ds1 got

a new bed room set .we are giving his crib to my sil who is having a baby

an inflatable little tikes trampoline for his room

ans one more thing I'm not sure.

what are your kids getting? 

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Replies (21-30):
Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Yay.im freaking out how I'm going to get his train table in the house when they drop it off next week without him seeing ahh!!

Quoting ADBmom:

girl, i started shopping online in october for good deals.  I usually buy online so I can get better deals/use coupons and they ship in boxes and there is no risk of anyone seeing me bring toys into the house, so the santa dream isn't spoiled. 

I got 4 boxes this week!!  so excited, i have everything hiding in the closet.  it will be a good christmas this year!

ADBmom
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM

oh.... lol that will be a toughy!!!  do you have a garage?  for my nephew's bday last year, we bought a big ticket item like that and we threw clothes and random stuff on it in the garage and he never even noticed haha!  good luck!!

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

Yay.im freaking out how I'm going to get his train table in the house when they drop it off next week without him seeing ahh!!

Quoting ADBmom:

girl, i started shopping online in october for good deals.  I usually buy online so I can get better deals/use coupons and they ship in boxes and there is no risk of anyone seeing me bring toys into the house, so the santa dream isn't spoiled. 

I got 4 boxes this week!!  so excited, i have everything hiding in the closet.  it will be a good christmas this year!

Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM

We do but right now we don't have the room for it in their.i might have dh drag it around the house and take in the basement door and leave it their

Quoting ADBmom:

oh.... lol that will be a toughy!!!  do you have a garage?  for my nephew's bday last year, we bought a big ticket item like that and we threw clothes and random stuff on it in the garage and he never even noticed haha!  good luck!!

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

Quoting ADBmom:

kellybean44
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I have about 60 gifts bought so far. 

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM

we are about done.

Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Mine is done and has all been delivered. I do it all online. Saves me time and gas money.
KLmomof2
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:13 PM

i have a few stocking stuffers started, thats about it, im usually ahead of the game, but this year i dont even really know what to get the kids, they are 3, and 5 they love mario and luigi, so i guess i look for something with them otherwise i am going black friday shopping and hopefully find something that jumps out at me.

brysonsmommy_10
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:45 PM
So far I have ds a power ranger action figure. A board game, and a huge wooden floor puzzle. I still have to get him a toy grill with extra food to go with it(his big gift), dinosaur rain boots and matching rain coat, Christmas pajamas, a flashlight friend (he has been begging), an outfit, a Disney movie and stocking stuffers. I'm going to try REALLY hard to stick to this list because he has so many other people buying for him that he usually gets overwhelmed and tired of opening presents.
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I have started. I try to start early. AJ wants zoomer and this big boots yeti catcher lol.
minimo77
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:51 PM

That is sad that your dd is not getting anything but electronics...at six years old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)