Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has anyone started their shopping yet?

thankfully I am almost done my kids are only getting 3 things each this year.we just bought our first house a few months ago so money has been a little tight for us.

our dd6 got

a new laptop ( we need a computer here for her for school)

a 2nd generation kindle fire hd.i got an awesome deal last night on amazon I got 15$ off the kindle plus a 15$ gift card that I'm going to put in her stocking

and she will get an iPod shuffle 

ds4 got

a train table

2nd generation kindle fire dh.I also got an awesome deal in his when I ordered it from amazon I for a 25$ credit for movies so he can buy or rent a movie to watch in it

and he will get the American girl bitty twins

ds1 got

a new bed room set .we are giving his crib to my sil who is having a baby

an inflatable little tikes trampoline for his room

ans one more thing I'm not sure.

what are your kids getting? 

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Replies (31-40):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I've started. We're going to London and Paris next summer so the gifts for my kids and nieces will be for that. DS wants Beats earphones and we might get him a TV. Not sure what DD's big gift will be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Prissy_Gurl
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I'm stil shopping for stuff.
smgremminger
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Not yet
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Not really..I have a few things, but nothing to write home about honestly. 

My IL's bought both of the girls their "big gift" this year so we are getting supporting items and things I know they want.. 

My oldest dd (8) is getting a Nook Tablet from them. My mother is getting her a B&N GC so she can get books/apps. We are also getting her a B&N GC, a jean jacket ( if I can find one since she just told me a few days ago she wants one), boots, pjs (tradition) , clothes, a globe, a case for her Nook, a couple of movies, a Starbuck's GC and it will be inside a coffee mug that I bought her that has " I solemnly swear I am up to no good" on it... ( Harry Potter item as she is obsessed).

My youngest is 5 and is getting a DS XL from my IL's. My mom is buying her some games of a Gamestop GC to buy games. So far, I have gotten her 3 Mario games, &  2 Littlest Pet Shop toys. I am getting her a case for her DS, boots, pjs (tradition), Sofia the First toys, a new backpack ( hers is ripping), a Starbuck's gift card, movies, and I'm not sure what else. 

I do my shopping on Black Friday. I've already told Dh that I'm buying a Shark Steam Mop on BF as we just had new tile installed and I'm getting myself some new clothes as well.. he told me to just get what I want for me and for the kids for Christmas. I'll wait for the GCs until closer to Christmas, but everything else I'll buy when I go shopping with my mom. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM

She has plenty of other stuff that she won't die from getting a computer and kindle 

Quoting minimo77:

That is sad that your dd is not getting anything but electronics...at six years old.

kjbennett26
by ♥Kate♥ on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Just started, nothing major yet
Sarahb21
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:17 AM
we are doing the 4 gift thing this year too. But instead of need they are getting something to learn from our create with, so a science kit or crafting/ art stuff. my kids get sooo much stuff from other people, so I'm going to focus on family and traditions with them.

Quoting kdgord:

my shopping is almost done, just need to get the boys each their "something you need" gifts and sticking stuffers and then I am done. I thankfully was chosen to be part of a Kmart Holiday Influencer on here and got a $75 gift card to spend on gifts so that took care of a nice chunk of my shopping and allowed me to get done earlier than normal. my kids are getting 4 gifts each this year and from now on...a want, a need, to wear and to read.
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM

My youngest is done but because I just found out my ex lost his job & I have no clue when I will get support again I am thinking of saving about half of it for his birthday in May. I don't want him to get a ton of things & then the other 4 kids not get as much. 

lilmagenie
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I got them each an outfit so far than I need to get pajamas and of course a few toys
JustMeKat
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Iam done as of lst week Whoo Hoo !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)