Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has anyone started their shopping yet?

thankfully I am almost done my kids are only getting 3 things each this year.we just bought our first house a few months ago so money has been a little tight for us.

our dd6 got

a new laptop ( we need a computer here for her for school)

a 2nd generation kindle fire hd.i got an awesome deal last night on amazon I got 15$ off the kindle plus a 15$ gift card that I'm going to put in her stocking

and she will get an iPod shuffle 

ds4 got

a train table

2nd generation kindle fire dh.I also got an awesome deal in his when I ordered it from amazon I for a 25$ credit for movies so he can buy or rent a movie to watch in it

and he will get the American girl bitty twins

ds1 got

a new bed room set .we are giving his crib to my sil who is having a baby

an inflatable little tikes trampoline for his room

ans one more thing I'm not sure.

what are your kids getting? 

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Replies (41-50):
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:17 PM

About done...maybe a couple of more gifts for each of the girls.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM

yes but i haven't gotten much of anything yet. I haven't had the $$ I have a ton of doctor bills and have to have surgery next month so I'm scared of what that will cost. i might not be able to do much of anything. 

fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:21 AM

My 14 yr old daughter is getting :new snow boots from Zulily,a ONE DIRECTION(A boy band she's obsessed with!)fleece throw & a stuffed teddy bear with one of the boy band's name on it fro ABC Distributing,A camo snow jacket from walmart along with a pair of ugg-like boots,and a SAMSUNG GALAXY PROCLAIM ANDRID phone plus various things for her hair & makeup & other stocking stuffers like candy,socks etc,a pair of sneakers from Journey's,a case for aforementioned phone.

luvnature
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I started a little while back. Dh, dd and I went shopping yesterday at walmart because we needed groceries, so we shopped for Christmas at the same time. We got my son a grilled-cheese maker, a set of drinking glasses, silverware in a tray, a xbox 360 game he asked for, some movies for the family, a coffee mug set (Elvis) for my dh, snowshoes for my dd, gym towels for my dh and ds, snowboard tv interactive game for dd (just plug it to the tv and the game will start) for dd and some other stuff for stockings. we will be shopping until Christmas eve. 

heather77g
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I am going to start next week. 

I will be purchasing a few gift cards for the mall at different areas and three iPads for my kids.  I wish I could find a good deal on iPads, but haven't yet.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Not yet we wait for hubbys bonus.check he gets. But we already know the big items my kiddos r getting..
17 yr old is.getting a kindle
10 yr old is getting a doll house
12 yr old a brain game from think geek . Com
6 yr old a.ds.
All the other kids have ds's so yea... My 19 and 16 yr old who dont live with us gets cash. We never know what they need or want. Altho our 16 yr old has mentioned wanting.a shotgun may get him that this yr.
mommyto3bees
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM

some tiny random crap here and there but most i will do on black friday

GarrettRIP
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Quoting RADmomma:

I do all of my shopping on Black Friday

I get most of my things Black Friday too
bellawomen
by Summer on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I find it really weird that people will "gift" basic things like beds to their children, clothes (unless its something beyond the basics), etc.

My son is getting a fish aquarium for 2 African Dward .  His birthday is in December as well, so not sure if the aquarium is for his birthday or Christmas.  Also thinking about a nitro R/C truck.  Definitley books and a B&N gift card since the only thing he asks for is books.  Other than that - I am drawing a blank.  Any ideas for 10 year old boys?

Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM

If it wasn't for me making a little extra cash the last few months we probably wouldn't gave been able to get them stuff this year.but we knew this year was going to be tight with buying the house after Christmas we will be a lot better and things should be back to normal

Quoting angelachristine:

yes but i haven't gotten much of anything yet. I haven't had the $$ I have a ton of doctor bills and have to have surgery next month so I'm scared of what that will cost. i might not be able to do much of anything. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN