Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has anyone started their shopping yet?

thankfully I am almost done my kids are only getting 3 things each this year.we just bought our first house a few months ago so money has been a little tight for us.

our dd6 got

a new laptop ( we need a computer here for her for school)

a 2nd generation kindle fire hd.i got an awesome deal last night on amazon I got 15$ off the kindle plus a 15$ gift card that I'm going to put in her stocking

and she will get an iPod shuffle 

ds4 got

a train table

2nd generation kindle fire dh.I also got an awesome deal in his when I ordered it from amazon I for a 25$ credit for movies so he can buy or rent a movie to watch in it

and he will get the American girl bitty twins

ds1 got

a new bed room set .we are giving his crib to my sil who is having a baby

an inflatable little tikes trampoline for his room

ans one more thing I'm not sure.

what are your kids getting? 

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Replies (51-59):
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Yeah if I can't do much now I'll make it up later at v the after sales or something. Health and home are more important than gifts.

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

If it wasn't for me making a little extra cash the last few months we probably wouldn't gave been able to get them stuff this year.but we knew this year was going to be tight with buying the house after Christmas we will be a lot better and things should be back to normal

Quoting angelachristine:

yes but i haven't gotten much of anything yet. I haven't had the $$ I have a ton of doctor bills and have to have surgery next month so I'm scared of what that will cost. i might not be able to do much of anything. 

Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I agree I hope all goes well.we are going to do a big thing for the kids birthday they are in July the 2older kids so he will make it up to them.but they will love what they got.i hope you can maybe can your kids one thing each.if not I'm sure it will still be special

Quoting angelachristine:

Yeah if I can't do much now I'll make it up later at v the after sales or something. Health and home are more important than gifts.

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

If it wasn't for me making a little extra cash the last few months we probably wouldn't gave been able to get them stuff this year.but we knew this year was going to be tight with buying the house after Christmas we will be a lot better and things should be back to normal

Quoting angelachristine:

yes but i haven't gotten much of anything yet. I haven't had the $$ I have a ton of doctor bills and have to have surgery next month so I'm scared of what that will cost. i might not be able to do much of anything. 

lulumomof2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:06 PM

my sons are 13 years and 15 years. My oldest is getting a TV, iPhone, and clothes (Nike, Nebraska Huskers and Dallas Cowboys), new pjs (Christmas tradition), new nike shoes (sandals), probably an itunes gift card (for his stocking), a pair of Beats (headphones) by Dr Dre and that is his whole list! My youngest is getting pretty much the same thing as that is his list. He also wants a custom pair of Nike cleats with his number on it, but after we talked I told him I would be more than happy to get him those when football rolls around again as 1. we don't even know what his # will be for next year and his foot will have grown by then and he wouldn't be able to use them, lol!! They are also getting a basketball hoop (that will be the only shared gift). I will probably also get them both a dvd or a blue-ray player for their rooms as well.

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM

yes a few nights ago. I just need pjs for 1 kid and hubby, and need a gift for 1 kid. I try to get it done before thanksgiving

ZoeCY
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:52 PM

My daughter is 5 so far she has a bunch of books, a few baby dolls, a few board games, a couple My Little Pony things, and a couple of Lego Friends sets.  We haven't really figured out her "big" thing, maybe we won't this year, I just like to have one big thing that is set up when she comes down from bed but the world won't end if we don't.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM
cyber monday!!!!

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

Not yet. I usually spend one day and order 90% online.

lillettemomma
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I wish I could Christmas shop but that's not happening this year.... All our kids gifts are going to be coming from charity because we are in a really bad place financially it stinks cause I love Christmas shopping
GiulianaMommy
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I have not started christmas shopping since my Bonus does not arrive until this friday. As for my LO she will be close to 6 months, so if I find any toys or books we will get her those.

stykir
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM

i did start shopping. my husband got a couple things from his work for free that we're saving for my son. I took my kids shopping for some angel tree items and i picked up a few things that day. I still have a little more i want to get them, i haven't gotten my daughter her "big" gift (the one thing on her list that i'll be making sure she gets) and then we'll buy gift cards or something for extended family. i'm surprised i have as much stuf as i do already accumulating

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)