Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is this ok or should I be seriously worried?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 14 Replies
I am 32 weeks pregnant with my 2nd LO. I weighed 250 before I got pregnant and haven't gained a single pound the entire pregnancy. Where I'm concerned is, I lost 4 pounds in 6 days... I have an ultrasound today but want to put my mind at ease while waiting. I know since I'm a big girl to begin with I'm not supposed to put on hardly any weight, but losing weight?? Is that ok?
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama-grace2
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Oh and he measured me with his tape measure and said I'm measuring big (37) so that's why he's giving me the ultrasound. 1st LO was 8lbs 8 1/2oz
toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
It's probably ok. I lost 15 lbs my second pregnancy, and I wasn't sick or trying. Since you're concerned, I would call your OB or midwife, and ask. Good luck!
mama-grace2
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:13 AM
My OB knows and wants to wait to see what my ultrasound shows before we get concerned.

Quoting toopicky429:

It's probably ok. I lost 15 lbs my second pregnancy, and I wasn't sick or trying. Since you're concerned, I would call your OB or midwife, and ask. Good luck!

mama-grace2
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I also lost a ton of weight with my first LO but that was at the beginning of the pregnancy and I wasn't eating hardly at all.
ZombieChicken
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:19 AM
One thing I've learned is to not panic until necessary. You'll make yourself sick with all the what ifs. I wish you well.

Quoting mama-grace2:

My OB knows and wants to wait to see what my ultrasound shows before we get concerned.

Quoting toopicky429:

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

It's fine.  You probably don't have much appetite by this point because baby is taking up all the room.  And then there is heartburn, feeling bloated, issues using the restroom, etc.  My second son used to sit right in this one spot that would pinch off my bladder, so I had to do a funky little dance while hovering over the toilet to "bounce" him out of the way so I could pee... LOL

4 pounds could EASILY be water weight.  Try to watch what you are eating and make sure you are eating the minimum calories you need at least.  If you keep dropping weight it might be cause for concern.  I used to fluctuate by 10 POUNDS because of water weight.  I ended up needing meds to control that because it was affecting my blood pressure, but my baby was fine.

So take it slow, do what you know you are supposed to do, and trust your doctor.  Ask questions until he has fully explained your concerns and his treatment options.  Any doctor worth a damn will happily sit and explain things to a concerned patient!

My OB has this response to almost EVERYTHING:

"Your body is going to do what it is going to do.  Your body knows how to make a baby better than I do!  So we'll trust your body first, and monitor, and if something comes up that is a concern, I'll use my resources to address it.  In the meantime, relax and trust your body."

I love that he has so much faith in a woman's body!  It makes me feel super comfortable.  He's not going to order tests every time I fluctuate slightly from the norm and cause me undue stress.  He's taking the backseat and only stepping in when there is a problem.

RADmomma
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Try not to worry!!!

Good luck
RADmomma
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Try not to worry!!!

Good luck
mama-grace2
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Thanks
terpmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I'm a bigger mom too...  With my first two I lost weight (like 20pounds)... I wouldn't be too worried yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)