Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

No santa

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:34 PM
  • 25 Replies

At what age do you tell kids there is no santa? My oldest dd is 7, I found out in Kindergarten when my older brother and cousin told me and also kids on the school but so I asked my mommy and she told me. I 'm scared if I tell dd 1 if she gets mad at dd 2 she'll tell her out of anger and dd2 is only 3 1/2 I honsetly didn't want them believing in santa but my mom and in-laws insisted

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I waited until they brought it up, but it makes sense to pave the way about Santa respresenting the spirit of Christmas.

1FiestyFem
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll let her figure it out herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll wait until she starts to ask questions.She just turned 7 and still believes whole heartedly.

virgoariesmama
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:48 PM

She has questioned the santa thing then dad dressed up as santa last year and let her and her sister catch him putting gifts under the tree but she started asking questions again my main concern is her getting mad at her 3 1/2 yo sister and telling her so we try to get her off the topic

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:51 PM
3 moms liked this

Get a copy of "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus." I still maintain that there is a Santa Claus, and I am an adult. My son is six, and he has been questioning it ever since he was three. He is very much ahead of his age. I explained to him that Santa Claus is a spirit and that he has always been around, and he always will be.

http://www.newseum.org/yesvirginia/

tabitha26
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
My son figured it out when he was four it was funny , his dad's mother (his nana) dressed up as Santa delivering presents and when she walked in my son looks at her and just stares at Santa for a few minutes and then says that's nana we told him no that's Santa and he looks at us no that's my nana . We could not stop laughing she still acted like Santa and even did the bells and threw rocks on the roof to act like the reindeers were leaving . So now he tells us that were all Santa because we buy him this presents . 🎅⛄️❄️
HelloKitty86
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Why don't you want your kids believing in Santa?

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I believe as well and I am an adult.

OP-  Dd still believes I think more of the spirit since she knows that all the santas around town are not actually santa.  She is 7.   We do not make a super big deal about it like others but she loves getting the virtual video message from him each year.

Quoting Kathy489:

Get a copy of "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus." I still maintain that there is a Santa Claus, and I am an adult. My son is six, and he has been questioning it ever since he was three. He is very much ahead of his age. I explained to him that Santa Claus is a spirit and that he has always been around, and he always will be.

NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:46 PM
My teens still enjoy Santa traditions. We never felt like we had to talk about if he is real or not.
virgoariesmama
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I believe as well and I am an adult.

OP-  Dd still believes I think more of the spirit since she knows that all the santas around town are not actually santa.  She is 7.   We do not make a super big deal about it like others but she loves getting the virtual video message from him each year.

Quoting Kathy489:

Where can I find the viral video we do the phone call from santa that shows up the north pole on callerid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)