Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is it possible to ever trust again?

Posted by   + Show Post
My husband has cheated on me on more than one occasion, once physical the other through text msing. He says he wants to change for the family and has started going to counseling. But is it possible to ever really trust him again? I'd like to hear from other moms who have been through something similar.
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Replies (11-15):
heather77g
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM
It is possible to trust him again, but its going to take a very long time. He has to prove it to you and make it as visual as daylight that he has changed and put you guys first. my husband never physically cheated on me, but he did emotionally through text messaging (but my husband did his mess when he was a big alcoholic) (2 1/2 years sober) It took me well over a year to begin to believe in him anymore. But with time you will learn to trust him again, if he makes the changes to prove to you. but remember you will always have it in the back of your mind, and some days it will sneak up in your memory more than others, you just have to figure out what you want to listen to as reality. Hugs and Good Luck if you guys really love one another and want to be together then this will work.
Serena1982
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Same situation here. Happened 3 years ago. It broke something that has yet to be repaired even after 3 years of counseling. Sometimes I feel secure but most days I'm just as angry and hurt as the day it happened. I really don't know. It has caused so much pain. I'm still trying to get through it.
waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I couldn't trust my husband ever again if he cheated on me.  Of course, I have issues with trust anyway so it takes a lot for me to trust in the first place.

marymargaret22
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Infidelity sinks the ship of the marriage you had before.  But you can start over and build a new marriage.  But it usually takes both of you to go to therapy, so that the discussions needed to restore your trust can take place between the two of you, with someone who has the foresight and  skills to keep it on track. It takes a while, but I 've known dozens of couples who have not only survived but rebuilt.  Hope this helps.

momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I wouldnt be able to

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)