Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Do you meal/menu plan?

Options:

Yes .. for how long

No .. why not

Other .. please share

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 100

View Results

photo hugs131112d_zpsf8e2d2a1.gif
Join us at
Time Out for You

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:07 PM

LOL .. did you stick to the days of what you had or switch it if need be?

Quoting taKENheart:

I only did one week at a time.  That way I got out of the house at least once per week lol! 

Quoting hugss:

That's great you  have,
One week at a time or two?

Quoting taKENheart:

I've done it my entire adult life.
Although last month right before the shutdown we went and just stocked up on everything we typically buy on regular trips.  I kind of liked that because I could make anything I wanted on whatever day I wanted to.  When I meal plan I tend to only get what is on the list but I really like seeing my pantry and my fridge/freezer full!  I guess I could do both meal planning and restocking.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I always meal plan :)

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM
i dont really menu plan but i make sure we have the ingredients for those things dh likes to cook, the things the kids like to cook or make and the baking basics.
hugss

by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:40 PM

What kinds of things do the kids like to cook & how old are they?

Quoting calsmom62:

i dont really menu plan but i make sure we have the ingredients for those things dh likes to cook, the things the kids like to cook or make and the baking basics.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I pretty much stuck to it but I wasn't strict about it.  Like sometimes we would have leftovers from Monday so Tuesday I'd make something else and then Wednesday we would have Monday's leftovers for example.  Prior to dh retiring I stuck to the meal plan more so because any leftovers became his weekly lunches.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting taKENheart:

I only did one week at a time.  That way I got out of the house at least once per week lol! 

Quoting hugss:

That's great you  have,

Quoting taKENheart:

Although last month right before the shutdown we went and just stocked up on everything we typically buy on regular trips.  I kind of liked that because I could make anything I wanted on whatever day I wanted to.  When I meal plan I tend to only get what is on the list but I really like seeing my pantry and my fridge/freezer full!  I guess I could do both meal planning and restocking.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:41 PM
12 and 15. scrambled eggs and cheese, cheese quesadillas, cheese and fruit plates, nutella crepes

Quoting hugss:

Quoting calsmom62:

hugss

by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Sounds good .. did you say you don't meal plan now though?

Quoting taKENheart:

I pretty much stuck to it but I wasn't strict about it.  Like sometimes we would have leftovers from Monday so Tuesday I'd make something else and then Wednesday we would have Monday's leftovers for example.  Prior to dh retiring I stuck to the meal plan more so because any leftovers became his weekly lunches.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting hugss:

That's great you  have,

Quoting taKENheart:

hugss

by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM

That's great they cook!  I assume they enjoy it?

Quoting calsmom62:

12 and 15. scrambled eggs and cheese, cheese quesadillas, cheese and fruit plates, nutella crepes

Quoting hugss:

Quoting calsmom62:

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Do you typically make the same stuff or do you like to make new recipes often?
I go through phases.  If I've made too many new recipes that I didn't like in a short amount of time then I quit for awhile, lol.

Quoting hugss:

hugss

by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Both, LOL
I do try new recipes & then they get added in,
Although I try not to make the same .. maybe every two weeks.
Honestly I could not live without meal planning :)

Quoting taKENheart:

Do you typically make the same stuff or do you like to make new recipes often?
I go through phases.  If I've made too many new recipes that I didn't like in a short amount of time then I quit for awhile, lol.

Quoting hugss:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN