Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Do you meal/menu plan?

Options:

Yes .. for how long

No .. why not

Other .. please share

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 100

View Results

photo hugs131112d_zpsf8e2d2a1.gif
Join us at
Time Out for You

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! It helps keep life less crazy to meal plan!

Quoting hugss:

That sounds great & healthy as well :)

Quoting jconney80:

I meal plan for a week at a time. We only buy fresh food and don't eat canned or processed food so that's why I shop for a week at a time.

reche1978
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:24 PM

i do it on a weekly basis

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Yeah lol I am the youngest of 7, my mom barely raised us all to stove hieght before she passed along that hated chore. By the time I reached my teens the older ones were all working, both grandmoms were ailing, etc etc.... it was a cluster cluck lol. It was cook or starve and I wasn't about to starve lol. Then I married a picky eater who refuses to eat much other than my cooking... so yeah lol hahaha

Quoting hugss:

That's great you learned that from so young,
It really helps saving money too :)

Quoting eesmommy:

Yes. According to in season and on sale... for a long time. I guess since I was 14... the grocery list and meals were basically my job.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Before now I never understood how people could not meal plan, lol.  It really does make it easier so you aren't scrambling at the end of the day trying to figure out what dinner will be.

Quoting hugss:

Both, LOL
I do try new recipes & then they get added in,
Although I try not to make the same .. maybe every two weeks.
Honestly I could not live without meal planning :)

Quoting taKENheart:

Do you typically make the same stuff or do you like to make new recipes often?
I go through phases.  If I've made too many new recipes that I didn't like in a short amount of time then I quit for awhile, lol.

Quoting hugss:

I always meal plan :)

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL yeah, it's only been a little over a month so we'll see. I've meal planned for so many years so I think that is helping me out.

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. if DH likes it & it works .. that's what counts ;)

Quoting taKENheart:

I still do in a way. 
What I am doing differently is simply keeping things on hand.  Like if I don't have any potatoes then I'm going to grab a 5lb bag just because.  If I'm out of rice then I pick up a bag etc...
Also, I buy different types of meat so this way I can have variety.  I always have ideas in my head so whatever I'm wanting I add to a meal plan but I'm just not as strict with it I guess starting last month.  I don't know how long I'll do it this way or if I'll go back to strict meal planning.  Dh is kind of liking it this way though, lol.

Quoting hugss:

Sounds good .. did you say you don't meal plan now though?

JerzyGurl81
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I like meal planning because it cuts down on buying stuff I don't need. It also helps me ensure that leftovers get eaten. I also try to make sure that I plan meals that my children will not fight me about.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:40 PM

How long have you been doing it?

Quoting reche1978:

i do it on a weekly basis

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:41 PM

LOL .. good for your Mom :)

Quoting eesmommy:

Yeah lol I am the youngest of 7, my mom barely raised us all to stove hieght before she passed along that hated chore. By the time I reached my teens the older ones were all working, both grandmoms were ailing, etc etc.... it was a cluster cluck lol. It was cook or starve and I wasn't about to starve lol. Then I married a picky eater who refuses to eat much other than my cooking... so yeah lol hahaha

Quoting hugss:

That's great you learned that from so young,
It really helps saving money too :)

Quoting eesmommy:

Yes. According to in season and on sale... for a long time. I guess since I was 14... the grocery list and meals were basically my job.

hugss

by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

It's true,
Actually it is just DH & I & I could not be without it :)

Quoting taKENheart:

Before now I never understood how people could not meal plan, lol.  It really does make it easier so you aren't scrambling at the end of the day trying to figure out what dinner will be.

Quoting hugss:

Both, LOL
I do try new recipes & then they get added in,
Although I try not to make the same .. maybe every two weeks.
Honestly I could not live without meal planning :)

Quoting taKENheart:

Do you typically make the same stuff or do you like to make new recipes often?
I go through phases.  If I've made too many new recipes that I didn't like in a short amount of time then I quit for awhile, lol.

Quoting hugss:

I always meal plan :)

hugss

by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Yes it really is helpful,
How old are your kids?

Quoting JerzyGurl81:

I like meal planning because it cuts down on buying stuff I don't need. It also helps me ensure that leftovers get eaten. I also try to make sure that I plan meals that my children will not fight me about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)