Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Which will you be making for Thanksgiving?
Anyone makes both? Something completely different?
Do share with us! :)

photo hugs131112d_zpsf8e2d2a1.gif
Join us at
Time Out for You

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Replies (31-40):
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
When I cook Thanksgiving dinner, I only cook ham. We don't care for turkey around here.
hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group. :)
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Why did did you start making both?

Quoting taKENheart:

I used to do turkey for Tday and ham for Christmas.  The last few years at least I've been making both.  I like both but ham is my favorite. 

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Having both does sound smart then to feed everyone :)

Quoting TatyBear:

I already had Thanksgiving. I'm Canadian so it was back in early October.

We always do a Turkey and a Ham. Every year. I don't like Turkey at all and one of my daughters don't either.

But just having one at Thanksgiving would not be enough. We usually have at least 16-20 people at Thanksgiving.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

If I remember correctly it was when I discovered that my kids liked one or the other.  When they were young they had to eat what I cooked but as they got into their teens I allowed for them to voice their preferences more.  My ds preferred turkey and dd preferred ham.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting taKENheart:

I used to do turkey for Tday and ham for Christmas.  The last few years at least I've been making both.  I like both but ham is my favorite. 

alf2651
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Turkey

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I would screw it up somehow. Not cook it long enough or cook it too long. I'm known as the one who can burn water... & I have. Went to make tea one morning before work, left the pot of water on the stove with the burner on. Gone for 9 hours! My kids came home & walked by it several times & never noticed it.

Quoting hugss:

Does sound good good but why can't you do a turkey ?

Quoting CampClan:

I can't do a real turkey though... I screw things up. So I get thick (like 2 inch thick) slices from the deli & throw it in the crock pot with some chicken broth. 

For my ham I toss it in the crock with brown sugar & pineapple. The kids love it so it's all good in my book!

Quoting hugss:

Sounnds right to me :)

Quoting CampClan:

turkey for Thanksgiving & ham for Christmas

shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM

My Dad sometimes makes both.  My inlaws make turkey.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM
We deep fry a turkey im sick of ham lol
hugss

by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Ahh it's good you allowed that then,
Now they can really enjoy :)

Quoting taKENheart:

If I remember correctly it was when I discovered that my kids liked one or the other.  When they were young they had to eat what I cooked but as they got into their teens I allowed for them to voice their preferences more.  My ds preferred turkey and dd preferred ham.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting taKENheart:

hugss

by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Aww .. well least you tried ;)

Quoting CampClan:

I would screw it up somehow. Not cook it long enough or cook it too long. I'm known as the one who can burn water... & I have. Went to make tea one morning before work, left the pot of water on the stove with the burner on. Gone for 9 hours! My kids came home & walked by it several times & never noticed it.

Quoting hugss:

Does sound good good but why can't you do a turkey ?

Quoting CampClan:

I can't do a real turkey though... I screw things up. So I get thick (like 2 inch thick) slices from the deli & throw it in the crock pot with some chicken broth. 

For my ham I toss it in the crock with brown sugar & pineapple. The kids love it so it's all good in my book!

Quoting hugss:

Sounnds right to me :)

Quoting CampClan:

turkey for Thanksgiving & ham for Christmas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN