Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Do you shot to kill. Well I have one and someone already broke into my car and they tried to get into my home from the side door. If they come into my home I'm shooting to kill period. We already got a german shepherd but he isn't old enough so I went and got a gun.
What would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Shoot to kill
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsErdos2011
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Quoting Tooth_Inspector:

Shoot to kill. You take a chance of missing and screwing yourself over if you aim for a leg

If you hit the right area of the leg, they die. Then not only do you have a dead man in your home you have a massive amount of blood to clean up.

lovehimforever
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
if I draw my weapon, I shoot. and shoot to kill. the only time you should draw a weapon is if you are going to use it. and you only draw your weapon if you feel that your life and the lives of others is in immediate danger. and if you feel your life or others is in danger then it's a kill or be killed situation.

if someone breaks into my home, they are not getting to my children. and if I die the intruder is coming with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Yes, of course.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetpea810
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM

If someone comes breaking into my house, the last thing they will be seeing is the barrel of a 9mm. I have to protect my kids and I. Its shoot to kill...call the cops and youre dead before they arrive and the perp is gone

TammyKaye72
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Let's just hope your intruder isn't armed. Because if he is he could shoot you. If someone is breaking into your home, they aren't coming for tea and crumpets. They're there with harmful intent. A dead would be rapist cannot re-offend.

Quoting angiejones256:

I would shot the leg so they fall and won't be able to walk then call the cops

StoneColdKiller
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:46 AM

If you do have to shoot then yes shoot to kill, but due to the fact you should shoot in the larges mass which is the chest (where the heart and lungs are) you will most likly kill them and shoot more then once lol.

I have had to pull my gun on someone but they were in a vehicle and ended up freaking out and driving away, teach them to follow a girl home at night.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 18, 2013 at 5:52 AM

Yep, my neighbor (a cop as well) tells me this all the time.

Quoting Andrea0412us:

I would definitely shoot to kill! In fact, the cop who taught my moms concealed carry class said "you shoot to kill because dead men can't talk" lol.

hargonagain
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:33 AM

It depends on your state laws about home defense.  If you live in a gun hating state, you should shoot to kill so the person CAN'T sue you for his injuries (yes, this does happen, and yes, they often win).  If you live in a gun loving state it is up.to you.  I am torn on it. Here in California there have been quite a few cases where people were put in prison for shooting someone who was breaking in.because the victim couldn't prove that they were in imminent danger.  I don't trust the justice system here and the criminals are coddled and catered to, so I really hope it never comes to.that.

Daltensmommy88
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:40 AM

I would most def shoot to kill...we also have big dogs but if they know someone then they will not hurt them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)