Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's Chat!

What's on your mind?  How are you doing?  What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!  

have a nice day  

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page. 

by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Replies (121-129):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I'm so sorry you've had to deal with your ex and his mom. It sounds to me like you did all you could and that he has some very serious issues his mom is apparently comfortable helping him hide. You did the right thing by getting out of that relationship, taking out the restraining order, and cutting ties to them both. ((HUGS)) and do you have close family and friends of your own to help support you while you're raising your baby?

Quoting Jenton82:

Hello everyone. I have a beautiful baby girl and am 100% in love with her and mommy hood. I guess in the back of my mind I wonder about my ex. He was acting crazy, lying cheating and stealing from me. I finally had enough right after my bag was born and stopped communicating with him, and finally had to get a restraining order. He's been on jail 3 times sinc e for DUI, endangering safety with a weapon (he fired a gun), and now he got arrest for Burglary. His mom refused to tell me what was going on my whole pregnancy.... And so I cut her off too. I just wonder if I coulda stopped it, done something more. And in the same breath... I wonder why his mom lied to me about everything. How can a woman do that to someone carrying their grandchild?? It's only been 4 months since the restraining order....

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I love Thanksgiving! Especially the food and family time. :) Wow, it was still warm enough for you to have the AC on? We've had the heat going for a few weeks here in AL now, although we had a couple of warm days there. We're under a hard freeze warning now. What's the temp there where you are?

Quoting lashea727:

IM getting ready for Thanksgiving for tomorrow and it's just going to be my family. My Boyfriend is not going to be here with me and IM so sad but he went with his family. IM start cooking in the morning. The weather is very nice out. I turn off my AC this morning

lashea727
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM
In the 60s and it's cold and windy outside too. I turn off my AC and I wish that it was hot, warm here but it's not

Quoting bamababe1975:

I love Thanksgiving! Especially the food and family time. :) Wow, it was still warm enough for you to have the AC on? We've had the heat going for a few weeks here in AL now, although we had a couple of warm days there. We're under a hard freeze warning now. What's the temp there where you are?

Quoting lashea727:

IM getting ready for Thanksgiving for tomorrow and it's just going to be my family. My Boyfriend is not going to be here with me and IM so sad but he went with his family. IM start cooking in the morning. The weather is very nice out. I turn off my AC this morning

Jenton82
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM
My mom visits me once a week, beyond that I work and spend time with my little one. I have friends, but no one is really close by. Plus everyone has families, boyfriends etc. I'd never want to burden anyone asking for help. I just feel bad that my baby doesn't have a daddy, and may never have one. Especially when I see couples and their kids, I feels little sad. Probably common among single parents to feel that way.

Quoting bamababe1975:

I'm so sorry you've had to deal with your ex and his mom. It sounds to me like you did all you could and that he has some very serious issues his mom is apparently comfortable helping him hide. You did the right thing by getting out of that relationship, taking out the restraining order, and cutting ties to them both. ((HUGS)) and do you have close family and friends of your own to help support you while you're raising your baby?

Quoting Jenton82:Hello everyone. I have a beautiful baby girl and am 100% in love with her and mommy hood. I guess in the back of my mind I wonder about my ex. He was acting crazy, lying cheating and stealing from me. I finally had enough right after my bag was born and stopped communicating with him, and finally had to get a restraining order. He's been on jail 3 times sinc e for DUI, endangering safety with a weapon (he fired a gun), and now he got arrest for Burglary. His mom refused to tell me what was going on my whole pregnancy.... And so I cut her off too. I just wonder if I coulda stopped it, done something more. And in the same breath... I wonder why his mom lied to me about everything. How can a woman do that to someone carrying their grandchild?? It's only been 4 months since the restraining order....

mommy2girls0506
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Yea it was one of those "Life changing" moves.  I was thinking about blogging about our move, our reasons for it, and our new life now.  I was also thinking of having a blog for family and friends with more personal stuff about my girls.

Quoting bamababe1975:

Wow, that's a big move! I think blogs can be a fun way to share your thoughts on things and there are lots of great blog sites you can use to do that on nowadays. What do you want to blog about?

Quoting mommy2girls0506:

So I moved from Texas to Hawaii in July and I'm thinking about maybe writing a blog....  What are your thoughts on blogs?

Elena1980
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Need other moms to hang out with
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Welcome!  Where are you from?

Quoting Elena1980:

Need other moms to hang out with

Elena1980
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I live in brooklyn
lowley
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Doing okay today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)