Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has anyone brought a pet to your house without asking?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Has anyone come to your house and brought their pet without asking first?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

Has anyone come to your house and brought their pet without asking first? Would you mind? Do you take your pet to other peoples' houses?

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
Sister_Someone
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Anything and anyone that gets brought to my home without my permission isn't allowed in. That means, people, children, pets, guns. I guess everyone who knows me knows that I have zero problem enforcing my rules in my home, so I can't say I've ever had it happen.

weakestchimp
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:39 PM
stepson & his wife always brought big big labs.
in heat on brand new white comforter. they didn't clean up. & that was one time.
many many many more.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this
No. That's rude to do IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes.

Quoting Bmat:

awwww,  Did he get to keep the dog?

Quoting ScrChk23:

I have never had that happen.  My borther brought home a dog without asking.  He hid it in his room dor a day or two before my parents found out.

sam12796
by Sandy on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
He is almost 17 years old and he is fine with people but strange animals make him nervous. He is hard of hearing and has cataracts but his beagle nose can sniff out food anywhere. He deserves at least that. He tolerates our lab but barely..she's 12 so when she gets to be too much I put him in a different room with his bed and blanket for some peace.

Quoting Bmat:

Poor furry babe. He shouldn't be made to feel upset at his age.

Quoting sam12796:

No and it wouldn't go well since I have a dog that would be upset at another animal being there. He is very old and scares easily these days.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

no

TheFirstNoel
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Yes, people have. We don't allow it. We love animals and plan to get our own but I'm sorry, I don't want to have to worry about someone else's animal in my home where I can't control what they're doing. We refuse to let people in if they show up unannounced with their dog. 

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Awe :( well at least they didn't kill each other i guess....

Quoting Bmat:

LOL!  My son's friend brought her cat when she stayed for a while,  she asked permission first. Our cats came this close to killing her cat. :(

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

No one has, but we have a dog and a cat and everyone who has come by or knows us and our animals know our amimals dont play well with others lol

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Oh my goodness!  awful!!

Quoting weakestchimp:

stepson & his wife always brought big big labs.
in heat on brand new white comforter. they didn't clean up. & that was one time.
many many many more.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I'd feel the same way.  Especially since I'm not used to having dogs in the house. And after the cat experience I wouldn't be happy about a cat either.

Quoting TheFirstNoel:

Yes, people have. We don't allow it. We love animals and plan to get our own but I'm sorry, I don't want to have to worry about someone else's animal in my home where I can't control what they're doing. We refuse to let people in if they show up unannounced with their dog. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)