Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has anyone brought a pet to your house without asking?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Has anyone come to your house and brought their pet without asking first?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

Has anyone come to your house and brought their pet without asking first? Would you mind? Do you take your pet to other peoples' houses?

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Replies (121-127):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:42 PM

It makes sense to not bring the dog into the house.

Quoting othermom:

Not that they bring in. They will stop by real quick, but leave their dog in the car.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Wow! Good for you for stopping it.

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

My in laws would bring their dog. After the 2nd time I out an end to it. I do not have animals and I did not want their dog here who was not potty trained and who they would complain about chewing and destroying everything

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Oh no! Not a dog to have around small children!

Quoting cmay109:

I've had people bring their pets in before without asking. I love animals but really thought they should've asked first.

Dh's grandmother brought her big dog over. This dog does not like small kids. I have 2 small kids. The dog tried to bite my dd.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM

It doesn't seem right for people to even think of bringing a pet to a non-pet house. :(

Quoting mom23heathens:

at the time I didn't have any pets, and they got told to leave. they brought this big humongous dog over and I don't like dogs. neither does my husband and when they walked in they had the dog in front of them and my husband cuss them out and told me to leave.

KawaiiPika
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Fleas! That's my main concern. If someone brought their pet without asking, I just wouldn't let them in and ask that they take it elsewhere.

Especially since my sister comes over often and she is very allergic to cats.

mom23heathens
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM
what really escalated the situation was that the dog wasn't even on a leash. and it was my daughter and her new husband. she came to the door first and she said her husband was coming along in a minute and then he walked up to the door but the dog ran into the house ahead of him. It was kind of scary for my youngest dd who was 8 @ the time.

Quoting Bmat:

It doesn't seem right for people to even think of bringing a pet to a non-pet house. :(

Quoting mom23heathens:

at the time I didn't have any pets, and they got told to leave. they brought this big humongous dog over and I don't like dogs. neither does my husband and when they walked in they had the dog in front of them and my husband cuss them out and told me to leave.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM

It is amazing that they thought this was OK.

Quoting mom23heathens:

what really escalated the situation was that the dog wasn't even on a leash. and it was my daughter and her new husband. she came to the door first and she said her husband was coming along in a minute and then he walked up to the door but the dog ran into the house ahead of him. It was kind of scary for my youngest dd who was 8 @ the time.

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting mom23heathens:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN