Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has anyone brought a pet to your house without asking?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Has anyone come to your house and brought their pet without asking first?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

Has anyone come to your house and brought their pet without asking first? Would you mind? Do you take your pet to other peoples' houses?

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL! Yes this would discourage bringing their pet. :)

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

No because they know that my pet would eat their pet.

_MissMissfit_
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
They haven't, and they'd get a door slammed in their face if they tried.
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I wouldn't like this either.  :(

Quoting honey27:

This just happened to my brother at his and his wifes housewarming party. Her mom brought her dog and had her running around their brand new home. My brother was pissed but didnt want to be rude.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Yes for sure!  Your child doesn't need to be exposed to more allergens.

Quoting crazymama1008:

my youngest is severely asthmatic and is c allergic to cats I would mind very much.

kimber2465
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM

i have one sil that does. since ours has passed on. i am putting my foot down for when they come the next time.thankfully dh agrees. i would never take my pet without asking first.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Yes, I agree.

Quoting kimber2465:

i have one sil that does. since ours has passed on. i am putting my foot down for when they come the next time.thankfully dh agrees. i would never take my pet without asking first.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Awe :(

Quoting Bmat:

I'm glad to hear they get along. Our three cats tolerate one another but aren't friends. :(

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Good idea... Our dog n cat get along for the most part. My cat is literally a scarety cat lol

Quoting Bmat:

No they didn't luckily. And I think if the other cat had not run it might have been OK. But my cats sensed fear and that was it, time to kill.  We got her into a room on her own after that.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Awe :( well at least they didn't kill each other i guess....

Quoting Bmat:

LOL!  My son's friend brought her cat when she stayed for a while,  she asked permission first. Our cats came this close to killing her cat. :(

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

No one has, but we have a dog and a cat and everyone who has come by or knows us and our animals know our amimals dont play well with others lol

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this

No one has brought their pet without asking, I have brought my Diesel to other's homes but I've always asked first. We're pet lovers, so I wouldn't be upset at all, unless they brought them KNOWING they wouldn't like children or other dogs.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:37 AM

*nodding* I can imagine someone bringing a dog and saying by the way she doesn't  like children or she doesn't like other animals.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

No one has brought their pet without asking, I have brought my Diesel to other's homes but I've always asked first. We're pet lovers, so I wouldn't be upset at all, unless they brought them KNOWING they wouldn't like children or other dogs.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Yep. They'd be taking Fido/Sassy home the minute they snapped or clawed at one of my dogs or kids.

I'm allergic to cats, so I'd be upset if someone tried to bring a cat in...but never in my life have I seen someone take a cat out like that, lol.

Quoting Bmat:

*nodding* I can imagine someone bringing a dog and saying by the way she doesn't  like children or she doesn't like other animals.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN