Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has anyone brought a pet to your house without asking?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Has anyone come to your house and brought their pet without asking first?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

Has anyone come to your house and brought their pet without asking first? Would you mind? Do you take your pet to other peoples' houses?

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
HIJKLM
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM
That's 3 questions with 1 poll lol

My grandmother has, I would/do mind, no I don't do it
tiarra7022
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

It really doesnt bother me as long as the animal is well behaved. When we had our dog I liked when my friends brought theirs over it was a nice play time for them but now that I have cats probally wouldnt like the dogs around unless they were ok with cats. Also my mom bring her dog (if that what you want to call it) over when ever she feels like it. Im not ok with it. Her dog is old and doesnt really like kids also will not go out side to use the bathroom she just goes where ever she is. My mom doesnt let the dog out and the dog uses pee pads but thats doesnt work at my house and I end up find spots after she leaves. 

alishas112
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I don't mind but I would like a head up first.
kerryket
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

No, no one has ever brought their pet over without asking and I would not take mine to other homes without asking.

balagan_imma
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM

DH's crazy aunt has brought her dog over on several occasions. We then got o hear about how awful our dog was because she wouldn't let the crown prince of dogs do whatever he wanted. And there was the time that our mean old cat swatted the dear prince on the nose, sent the poor thing into an asthma attack. Still hear about even though both events took place over 8 years ago.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL! I realized it a while after I made the poll. :) 

Quoting HIJKLM:

That's 3 questions with 1 poll lol

My grandmother has, I would/do mind, no I don't do it

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM

This is sad about your mother's dog, and the messes that you find. :(

Quoting tiarra7022:

It really doesnt bother me as long as the animal is well behaved. When we had our dog I liked when my friends brought theirs over it was a nice play time for them but now that I have cats probally wouldnt like the dogs around unless they were ok with cats. Also my mom bring her dog (if that what you want to call it) over when ever she feels like it. Im not ok with it. Her dog is old and doesnt really like kids also will not go out side to use the bathroom she just goes where ever she is. My mom doesnt let the dog out and the dog uses pee pads but thats doesnt work at my house and I end up find spots after she leaves. 

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM

LOL! I didn't realize that people were like that over their furry companions. :)

Quoting balagan_imma:

DH's crazy aunt has brought her dog over on several occasions. We then got o hear about how awful our dog was because she wouldn't let the crown prince of dogs do whatever he wanted. And there was the time that our mean old cat swatted the dear prince on the nose, sent the poor thing into an asthma attack. Still hear about even though both events took place over 8 years ago.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't seen cats carried around like that either. 

Agreed about not tolerating agression toward your dogs or children.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Yep. They'd be taking Fido/Sassy home the minute they snapped or clawed at one of my dogs or kids.

I'm allergic to cats, so I'd be upset if someone tried to bring a cat in...but never in my life have I seen someone take a cat out like that, lol.

Quoting Bmat:

*nodding* I can imagine someone bringing a dog and saying by the way she doesn't  like children or she doesn't like other animals.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

No one has brought their pet without asking, I have brought my Diesel to other's homes but I've always asked first. We're pet lovers, so I wouldn't be upset at all, unless they brought them KNOWING they wouldn't like children or other dogs.

dingysfamily
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

That was 2 questions, and there were 2 different answers!  Our kids have brought their pets, without asking ... sometimes we really wished they had asked though because we have cats and they don't really cotton much to the dogs the kids brought.  But, it was our kids and only they left the big dogs outside .. except our middle dd brought hers inside once & we did tell her to take it out, that dog was a pain.  Her little poodle was no problem.  Our son only brings the small, good dogs & knows we don't mind those.  We don't mind the little ones.  When our younger son had big ones & brought those, he really had no choice, so we didn't mind & he did leave them outside.  We don't take our cats anywhere; one runs anytime she thinks we are even thinking of taking her out the door and the other we just don't want to take either. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)