Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP-Advice please

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:25 PM
  • 19 Replies
Okay fellow mommies I need some opinions and some help. My girls are 2 and 5 in Mdo and kindergarten. My 5 year old has been home from school almost a full 2 weeks from stomach bug and flu both. I am so stressed from these for now they are being passed to my other daughter and now me. How can I help and prevent this from catching us?? AND not to mention I cannot handle vomit I can't see it smell it hear it nothing or I will vomit. It's so bad my daughter got sick the other night and I had to run to the bathroom and throw up myself. Am I just crazy or is there something I can do to help?? sorry I'm probably babbling on I am just so stressed and want my babies well!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:19 PM

make sure everyone keeps washing their hands. crack the windows in a few rooms, even if its extremely cold out. Let the fresh air in and the germs out. Try to keep them from sharing cups, toys etc. I have trouble with the throwing up thing too. For some reason though if its my babies I'm ok. Hoping everyone starts feeling better and no one else gets sick.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I agree with first poster.  Fresh air is a big deal and make sure you wash the linens as they get dirty.   When dd has a stomach bug, i have taught her the bucket method and we use towels underneath her since those are smaller and easier to wash fast.

Abbysmommy0208
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I love the fresh air idea we did that today while my girls were with my mom. I am just in tears I'm so stressed as what to do. There are 16 kindergarten classes at dd school and atleast 6-7 kids out of every single class sick with either stomach bug, flu or strep. It's crazy!!!! Our pharmacies locally are out of tamiflu it's so bad. I thought with my own kids the vomit wouldn't bother me until she threw up in my truck the other night I tried to pull over so I could help her and I gagged and gagged until I almost puked I made it home and ran to the bathroom and threw up too. Even my own I've had the stomach bug since yesterday and as soon as. Throw up I will gag and gag and gag until I flush and can't see it anymore. I sound like a crazy lady lol I'm not I just don't know what else to do. Almost a month of this is enough already.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I really feel your pain! My kids cycle things back and forth. Ugh! I would start giving them liquid or refrigerated probiotics every day, vitamin c, vitamin d, and a multivitamin. I did this last year and it really helped. Also giving raw, local honey every day helps fight off bacteria.
Abbysmommy0208
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Never thought about honey can my 2 yrs old have honey?? Isn't there a certain age? I've got them some Culturelle probiotics, vit c and a military vitamin. I just started the pro biotic last week the day before I found out she had the flu. My youngest dd started with the flu October 28th and since then they have been sick!!! 😞
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLSMOM59
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Every night wipe down your refrigerator, door handles and toilet handle. Encourage your children not to share drinks and to cover their mouth when coughing. When the children are in school, teach them to open the door to the bathroom (coming out) with a paper towel. Not all children wash hands.

Abbysmommy0208
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:30 PM
My oldest doesn't share the drinks but my little if there is a drink she can reach it's hers!! So that I have to work harder at, but I do need to teach her the paper towel thing because they have bathrooms that spilt their classrooms so two classes share one bathroom!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyedwards7
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Try elderberry syrup. It has been well studied and is very safe for your whole family.
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Hand washing, hand sanatizing, lysol/clorox wipes to wipe everything down.

mamamiajk
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

So sorry for you and yours. My sons are all grown now but I've been there....too many times. It seemed to start right around deer season and would sometimes go till New Years. UGH. My oldest would bring home something from school and it would systematically go through the twins and I and begin all over again. I made a promise to myself to ALWAYS get my flu shot. (back then they didn't offer them to kids) Mine helped though from the point of view that I was at least able to tend to all my family because as everyone knows....when mommy goes down the whole house crumbles. I still make it a point to use lysol throughout the house(especially door knobs) Febreeze does wnders with odors so that might help your sensory problems. It always infuriated me when people would drop by and then proceed to tell me how sick they or their child or hubby was. I made it a point to tell everyone "If you even THINK you're sick...DO NOT come here! Thank You" Sometimes it would help but for others it fell on deaf ears. I'm sorry I'm not much help but I do hope you all feel better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)