Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Elf on a shelf

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:41 PM
  • 15 Replies

Do you have one? What kind of things does he do?

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:03 PM

We never did it :)

brystine23
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:12 PM
We have one... He's taken all Christmas decorations down, wrote messages on mirrors with window paint, " used" daughter tooth brush and gt tooth paste everywhere , brought kids one present , drew on family photos ...
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM

not bashing you, but really curious....why would you want your kids to see an elf be destructive and disobedient? I have never understood why people think that this is funny, I have a friend that posts all kinds of bad things her elf does, and then wonders why her older son drew a mustache on the baby in sharpie...do your kids think it's fun that he is so bad?

Quoting brystine23:

We have one... He's taken all Christmas decorations down, wrote messages on mirrors with window paint, " used" daughter tooth brush and gt tooth paste everywhere , brought kids one present , drew on family photos ...

Plum912Oso
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
We have elves in our home. They are daily visitors between December 6th (St. Nicolas Day) and Christmas. They leave a special candy in the shoes my children would leave by the door, if the children had been good and helpful during the day. They would write notes of encouragement for the children and tuck them in the shoes. The children would write to them as well. The elves delivered the Christmas Tree from the Christmas Tree forest when the children least expected it, but were ever watching for it. It has been fun watching the children, now grown, work the elves into their Christmas traditions. Throughout the year when something extra, or very helpful was done and I would inquire who had done it, more times than not the reply from the older children would be, "The elves must have stopped by, none of us did it."
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I've never done it but it's a really cute idea
GMom2011
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Nope. Won't do it either. I think it's creepy/stupid.

Quoting elasmimi:

Do you have one? What kind of things does he do?

GMom2011
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I also don't have time for that shit.
Prissy_Gurl
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Naw, we don't have one.

ashleyedwards7
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I want to do that when my girl is old enough. I saw a cute one where the elf makes a snow angel in the flour he tipped over. I think its a fun holiday tradition to start. And like Plum said. Not everything the elf does has to be mischievous. It's a great idea to have an elf on the shelf who leaves treats and words of encourgement. I can't wait!
hargonagain
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:10 AM

I just got one last year and my son has asked all year when his elf was coming back.  I didn't make him do naughty things though.  I did do the snow Angel in the flour thing but nothing worse.  He enjoyed searching for the elf each morning and it made waking him up easier because he was excited to find out where or what the elf was doing.  One morning the elf was playing checkers with Ken!  I am thinking about bringing our elf out in the next few days instead of waiting for Thanksgiving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN