Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you drink when you go out to dinner with your kids?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM
  • 341 Replies
1 mom liked this

A friend of mine was telling me about how the last two times she went out with her husband there was a couple (same couple both times) at the same restaurant with their 2 small children.  Both adults were drinking coronitas (large margaritas with corona turned upside down in them).  There were no other adults present in their party and there is no public transporation in the area of town they were in.

Do you think this behavior is irresponsible or is it ok?  Would you do it? 

Would you ever drive with your kids in the car after consuming a large alcoholic drink (or any alcohol at all)?

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
megan71108
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM
3 moms liked this
I will have a beer or two but that's it
KenneMaw
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:41 PM
8 moms liked this

The behavior is irresponsible, whether you have kids in the car or not.   I would never do it, but DH and I rarely ever drink (he never drinks, and I may have 1 per year).    I think 1 or 2 beers max for the driver is enough.  If you drink any liquor or wine, then someone else needs to drive.   I don't care how many times you say you are fine and you can drive perfectly, beleive me, you can't.   Your judgement is impaired.  Period.  End of story.

silvafambam85
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM
11 moms liked this
I only drink at home when my kids go to sleep. It's mommy time. I never drink out and I definitely wouldn't drink out with my kids. Mommy first, mommy time later.
Lalasmomma13
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM
5 moms liked this
If we do decide to have drinks with dinner only one of us does and it's never in excess. We have never been drunk together and never been drunk around the kids
theresaphilly
by Theresa on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

The behavior is irresponsible, one of the two adults should not of been drinking.

TatyBear
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM
11 moms liked this
Yes I do. And I'm.single *gasp* lol
cmjustice
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM
7 moms liked this
I do but never more than a glass of wine or a single mixed drink. No giant cocktails and driving period.
mom_of_twingirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:16 PM
I do not.
deedeezepeda3
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Ya as long as its no more than two drinks, but we live walking distance to several restaurants.
2004MAMA715
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM
My first response was going to be no because I don't drink and drive, but after thinking about it I remembed I took my kids to wing night across the street before and we all had wings and I had one mixed drink then I brought kids home to babysitter and SO and I went back for more drinks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN