Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you drink when you go out to dinner with your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

A friend of mine was telling me about how the last two times she went out with her husband there was a couple (same couple both times) at the same restaurant with their 2 small children.  Both adults were drinking coronitas (large margaritas with corona turned upside down in them).  There were no other adults present in their party and there is no public transporation in the area of town they were in.

Do you think this behavior is irresponsible or is it ok?  Would you do it? 

Would you ever drive with your kids in the car after consuming a large alcoholic drink (or any alcohol at all)?

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
TS9509
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I have had a drink at a restaurant with my son present, I didn't drive home, we rode with my parents. I only have 1 maybe 2 beers when my son is present. Even when my son isn't there I don't drink and drive.
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM
I would not. Occasionally I will order a drink when we go out for dinner but if I do, my husband drives.
caligirl7613
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:58 PM
5 moms liked this
yes i will have a drink or two with a meal if my kid are around. alcohol isnt "taboo" its fine if enjoyed responsibly. and 1 coronarita has the same amount of alcohol as 2 drinks...so 2 beers, 2 mixed drinks, or 2 glasses of wine....if they are eating a meal with their drinks i doubt it is impairing them honestly...if they are having more than one, yes it could be an issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:13 PM
We don't drink, but if we did, never like that. It'd be like wine after the kids were asleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I personally wouldn't do it. but I don't drink alcohol at all and neither does my husband. so its not a problem or an issue we have ever ran into. so I not really sure how much is acceptable or not.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Does it matter if it's one glass of wine or only if it's more than that?

Quoting KenneMaw:

The behavior is irresponsible, whether you have kids in the car or not.   I would never do it, but DH and I rarely ever drink (he never drinks, and I may have 1 per year).    I think 1 or 2 beers max for the driver is enough.  If you drink any liquor or wine, then someone else needs to drive.   I don't care how many times you say you are fine and you can drive perfectly, beleive me, you can't.   Your judgement is impaired.  Period.  End of story.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM

But, do you then drive with the kids in the car?

Quoting TatyBear:

Yes I do. And I'm.single *gasp* lol

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Walking distance is one thing, but would you drink something as big as a margarita mixed with a corona and then drive?

Quoting deedeezepeda3:

Ya as long as its no more than two drinks, but we live walking distance to several restaurants.

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup, I'll have a glass of wine with dinner if we are out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alf2651
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Rarely. 

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)