Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you drink when you go out to dinner with your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

A friend of mine was telling me about how the last two times she went out with her husband there was a couple (same couple both times) at the same restaurant with their 2 small children.  Both adults were drinking coronitas (large margaritas with corona turned upside down in them).  There were no other adults present in their party and there is no public transporation in the area of town they were in.

Do you think this behavior is irresponsible or is it ok?  Would you do it? 

Would you ever drive with your kids in the car after consuming a large alcoholic drink (or any alcohol at all)?

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM

We did not drink when they were little like that & no that is not ok ..

aiden032809
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Everyone's tolerance is different. Would I do it? yes one of those wouldn't do anything to me and by the time you get the food and leave your ok to drive. Alot of people like to judge but I wouldn't care what others think I know my limits.
chefmartha
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Personally I try not to drink when I'm out. I'm just not comfortable with it anymore. That being said I do partake about three times a year. My birthday, New Year's and maybe my anniversary. When we go out and I do get a drink I get one drink and that's it. And I try to not get the huge ones. If I do then I will share it with DH or DS (he's 23 and not a drinker either). Last time we were out DH ordered a drink (I had one sip. Not fond of Tequila drinks and he had a margarita) He didn't even finish it.

allons.y
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I would have a drink at dinner, but ONLY if either a) I wasn't driving or b) it was going to be a long time before we left [ex: a glass of wine with the appetizer but nothing more and we stayed at least an hour after]. I wouldn't drink something quite that heavy if I was with DS at all - at home or in public.

Howardx5
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:44 AM

i think its irresponsible as well as setting a bad example. i dont drink in front of my kids period. Alcohol and kids don't mix- theyd probably crash the buzz anyways so why would you want to? haha

beautisticaware
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM
I use to have a beer when having a meal with my kids, but now I no longer do.
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I drink in front of my kids.

If we are out or any time really I watch how much I consume.
miisha
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I have a glass of wine or two. Nothing wrong with it.
Melissa_4
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Very irresponsible, very dangerous.  NO, we don't drink when we take our children out to dinner.

jett286
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, we have A drink when we are out to dinner, with or without our kids.  It's not taboo in our world...we are not irresponsible and one drink/beer/glass of wine is OK with dinner ...We even let our kids 17/19 have a glass of wine with dinner at home once in a while... **GASP**  call CSD...but it is legal...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN