Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Haven't posted in a while, but need advice.

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:59 AM
  • 7 Replies

I've been talking to this guy since February..we normally talk every day....he lost his wife 5 years ago to a brain aneurysm...and he's still trying to get over that. He's told me he likes me....but I don't know what to do at this point. We've not kissed, touched (other than hugs) or anything...How can I get him to warm up to it a bit?

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

After going out a few times, make the first move.  Move in to kiss him, then go from there.  If he pulls away he obviously isn't ready.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I think it just depends on whether he's really ready or not! I wouldn't push it but if he isn't ready then he isn't ready. That's a tough situation to be in :(

WenisEnvy
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM

We've hung out a few times at his house. Both of us are too shy to make the first move...we've actually talked about this lol.

Quoting Paperfishies:

After going out a few times, make the first move.  Move in to kiss him, then go from there.  If he pulls away he obviously isn't ready.

diane42
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Mobile Photo

diane42
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

BUMP!

supercarp
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

He's not that into you, or else he is extraordinarily shy. The most happily married men usually jump back in pretty quickly if their wife dies.

WenisEnvy
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM

well when he and I first started talking...he had told me that his friends have been like pressuring him back into dating...and that he's not ready for that or whatever..and a lot of his friends have been telling him that he should be remarried by now. I told him maybe not married yet...but at least back in the game.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)