Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am new here so here it goes..

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:07 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
I got married March 2013 but have been with my husband almost 5years. Within the first year we knew we wanted to have a baby. I have always wanted to be a mother and my husband feels the same about being a father. It was an easy decision when we decided to start trying but we had no idea the toll it would take on our relationship. I feel like I am not worthy and that is why we haven't conceived. Am I being punished? I had a very difficult childhood and before I met my husband I made a lot of bad decisions. But I have changed, grown in my beliefs. I don't know what to do...I subconsciously put a wedge between my husband and I.
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:09 AM

You are worthy,it's just your body's way of saying it's not ready yet! How old are you?

Corona13
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I am 24.
LadyKiki
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I have PCOS, we tried for four years to have a baby. For some people it's harder than others. I felt the same way at times, thinking I wasn't worthy of having a baby. My body just happens to suck at baby making.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM

((HUGS)) and I'm so sorry you're struggling to conceive. It definitely can create issues between spouses because of the stress and the feelings that you're both experiencing. You're not a failure, and neither is he. You're also not alone. I think you'll find a lot of help and support on the Trying to Conceive group, too. Here's that link:

Corona13
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Thank you both. I am already finding it helpful because I am abke to exoress my feelings.
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Welcome to the group! You are worthy!! Have you talked to your husband to get his opinion?
Corona13
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Yes. He always tells me that I am worthy and that the mistakes that I have made are in the past. He constantly tells me that i will be a great mom and even if it doesn't happen naturally he will always love me.
mommyluv83
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
U are very worthy, believe u me me and my OH went through the same thing and was actively trying for 3 years until finally i just gave up and stop thinking about it! About 2 weeks ago i guess god decided it was time and i am now 8wks pregnant!!! Moral to my story is don't give up because miracles do happen! Goodluck to u and your hubby!!!
mamamiajk
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you should relax and let it happen. It will you know? Good luck and let the tension subside. Peace

jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry that you're having this problem but you are definitely worthy of having a child! Have you ever been tested for the MTHFR gene mutations? It's a simple blood test that your general practitioner can do. It is known to cause fertility problems. Maybe it would help to know if you have it or not so you can take supplements that might help you conceive. Welcome to the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)